Where do I start with the ARG?

Topics and posts about whatever you wish. Please be civil. Trolling or spamming results in a ban.
Advoc
Consortium Officer

Where do I start with the ARG?

Post by Advoc »

I don't know how the forum does with spoilers at this point but this post has some, and I can't find spoiler tags to use, soo... read at your own risk I guess. I dont want to break any rules.

So I got involved with Consortium later than some. I actually bought it and pledged for the Tower on Fig at the same time, because I"m an Immersive Sim junky (I even run a twitch channel called immersiveSinner because I'm that much of a nerd for it)

I have never really had the time or energy to sit down and really play through the game. and I started tonight and got further than I have so far.

I popped back on this forum to check the status of the VR stuff before this playthrough and couldn't find anything, but I did find some threads about an ARG that before today I didn't know existed.

Then this bloody game starts to lecture me IN GAME about how I don't know anything from the ARG. Kind of blew my mind.
My problem is. I have no idea where it even starts. I have had no hints about the ARG in the game, or any trailers, or any dialogue. I would expect some sort of entry point to make itself known, but I have zero information and zero hints on where to start. Can somebody give me a nudge on where to get started so I can get looking? I mean... assuming it doesn't have anything crazy in it like a private BBS or some archaic decyption tech like the Portal 2 ARG did. I might even have a chance at getting through it on my own. Or... does one simply "go through" it? Is it still ongoing? All I know is that an ARG exists. but beyond that I have no information or where to find it.

Help. Please lol.
GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Re: Where do I start with the ARG?

Post by GreatBird »

Hi! Unfortunately, we had to take it (mostly) offline awhile ago, as it was just too old and didn't work right anymore. However....we are in the throws of planning an updated, modern version.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --
FordGT90Concept

Re: Where do I start with the ARG?

Post by FordGT90Concept »

I would read Discoveries:
http://interdimensionalgames.com/Discoveries.zip

There's a PDF in there that summarizes ARG. Obviously not a game that way but as he said, the game is quite broken because all of the browsers killed Flash support.

Can use SPOIL BBCode to
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler