Whispers From The Rift v0.998 is now live. New intro is complete. We are in the final stages of production before launch. Final story edits / improvements / polish is happening. Music being added. Secrets and easter eggs being added. Get access now via the iDGi Patreon Campaign Wishlist Whispers on Steam!

Consortium: The Tower Early Access ALPHA 1.10 is live. Includes all of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2. 20+ hours of gameplay.

EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by GreatBird » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:19 am

NOTE: the following build is now available via syncing to the Steam beta "alphatest".

Early Access ALPHA 1.4 (Rev #4778)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

-There is a known crash that can happen when using “streaming doors” near and around the Park and LowerRooms. We are zeroing in on the cause….

-There remains an issue with Elon not rendering (as in, being completely invisible) when coming back to him to complete his mission. We would very much like to know if this occurs for you - please remember details as to what route you took to reach him if you can!

BIG UPDATE

[Update] There are now 50 Steam achievements that are possible to trigger!

UPDATES

[Update] Removed some save spheres in and around the park for now - this is temporary to help avoid trigger a known saved game issue.
[Update] Important shield upgrade balancing fixes and value changes.
[Update] There are now digital clocks in various spots throughout the gameworld, helps to convey the truly “real-time” nature of the game.
[Update] Hotel Lobby lighting and geometry polish
[Update] FRONT-END: There is now a Control Sensitivity option in the options menu.
[Update] Another elevator on the roof is now accessible, requiring a Red Transponder...
[Update] Added fog FX for when underwater.
[Update] Updated some particles for the Water Hub area so several fans should be much more clear now as to where and how they are blowing.
[Update] Disabled a few spotlights in topExt that had been set to cast shadows, even though they didn't really cast any shadows anywhere.
[Update] Significantly reduced the amount of ammo required for Elon's mission
[Update] Latest HUD fixes and improvements: misaligned career record, sub objective fixes, new objective markers and minor message note changes. Agitation meter scale and positioning improvements.
[Update] Dramatically lowered automatic healing and repairing activation/deactivation values that were preventing players from properly having control over managing health and utility.
[Update] Added way more nanite crystals to B--E_LowerRoomsToPark_Transition
[Update] Placed Park spire-tops in TopExt to improve geometric consistency between levels.
[Update] The player can now press 'Escape' to quit out of the options menu
[Update] It should now be a little bit easier for the player to charge a super jump while falling in the air.
[Update] Replaced nearly all the destructible glass in the Hotel Lobby with static meshes
[Update] Armor health upgrading no longer possible. No longer required for the final balancing plan.
[Update] Turned off physics on some of the Lobby benches so they aren't tossed around so easily by the patrolling AI.
[Update] Started optimizing the Park - not completed yet, but there are some performance improvements.
[Update] Removed unnecessary ladder in TTCore that was causing major player navigation frustrations - oops, the nanites ate it.

FIXES

[Fix] Fixed a major issue introduced in Early Access Alpha 1.3 that caused a whole ton of fans to no longer spin.
[Fix] Fixed erroneous water volume potentially being in TTCore before WaterHub1b streams out.
[Fix] Fixes case where it was possible for a bunch of turrets in LowerRooms to not be activated.
[Fix] Attempted fixes to The Voice to prevent the rare bug of it “sort of” killing the player. Please report if this occurs for you after this version!
[Fix] Fixes to turrets - should no longer appear to be “shooting blanks”.
[Fix] Fixed a ton more “invisible wall” geometry that was in the Lobby. (special thx to FordGTConcept for the real-time help on this during a development Twitch stream!!)
[Fix] Fixed streaming and respawning ammo containers issue in LowerRooms (thx to Andre Zadrazil)
[Fix] FRONT-END: The FOV slider now properly saves.
[Fix] Level surgery performed on water pipe maze to keep it out of the way of an elevator shaft.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where the wind intensity in TopExt wouldn't properly shift after saving/loading or leaving and returning to the level
[Fix] ISS 193 "R25 - "The Freefall Suit" now properly triggers if the player imports a game.
[Fix] A broken newscaster line fixed.
[Fix] Fixed S.O.S. scene logic break that happened in Darsie/R3 talk
[Fix] Replaced Voice “robot voice” in first Voice conversation with recorded V.O
[Fix] “Talk Anywhere” tutorial will no longer fire before scripted/story conversations.
[Fix] Fixed missing geometry near hotel elevators in LowerRooms.
[Fix] Lobby level streaming much improved - should no longer see parts of the world shutting off/on when exploring Lobby (if you DO trigger such a thing, please tell us/show us a video of where).
[Fix] Fixed HUD marker showing the incorrect location of Odin’s “chest”
[Fix] Fixed a bug where Preben wouldn't speak with you if you had engaged in combat in the lobby, and then talked his soldiers down.
[Fix] Fixed various issues with WaterHub streaming doors not functioning correctly and sometimes failing outright.
[Fix] Some minor geometric fixes to TT Core and Water Hub. Making navigation slightly easier and reducing the number of misplaced objects. Some additional lighting near a door.
[Fix] Fixed an old bug where ladders would make (and sometimes loudly repeat) the sound of the player turning off their freefall suit when hopping onto them.
[Fix] The CEAR laser's sounds now have proper attenuation.
[Fix] Fixed bug where the 212121 room would not be marked on Save/Load.
[Fix] Added a few more precautions to water to prevent the Mix Modifier from lingering once you exited the water.
[Fix] Fixed a bug with the Multi-boost B.U.S. upgrade. No longer should the player be required to press and hold jump in the air to activate it.
[Fix] Fixed the geometry around the transition between the TT Core and Water Hub 1B.
[Fix] Fixed several vent buttons in Lower Rooms that had broken when splitting up the level during the recent optimization pass.
[Fix] Realigned several options menu items to be sorted much cleaner.
[Fix] Changed the Nanite Fragment trigger volume from a sphere to a box. Fixes being able to erroneously trigger fragment logic from underneath them, through the ceiling/floor.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where saving and loading would mess around with nonstandard jump input
[Fix] Player crouching and landing impacts are now no longer tied to framerate.
[Fix] The rooftop elevator and glass hallways now correctly align with each other.
[Fix] All instances of erroneous level geometry loading should be gone now. We’ve revamped how the streaming volumes are controlled and it’s much cleaner now.
[Fix] Fixed bad nanite collision that was causing some areas with a lot of nanite crystrals to be hard to navigate or even inaccessible
[Fix] Fixed one of the power switches in Hotel Tower 3 so that it now properly shuts down a fan.
[Fix] Made some of the ledges in Hotel Tower 3 easier to climb up.
[Fix] Removed some debug objects - a KAR in Hotel Tower 3 and a stealth node in the park.
[Fix] Several small geometric fixes in the Water Hub
[Fix] Fixed a few convo manager topics that could be skipped by saving and loading, therefore screwing up execution. They are now placed on save/load timers in the Psi Master.
[Fix] Fixed a logic error where the soldier wouldn't show up in the Icer scene when he should, and would show up when he shouldn't.
[Fix] Fixed a bug with initiating conversation with combatant NPCs that prevented valid player responses from showing up.
[Fix] Adjusted some snow geometry in TopExt to make a doorway easier to move through.
[Fix] Adjusted a ladder in TopExt to make it easier to climb.
[Fix] Delays in the player's super jump activation are now retriggerable. This should prevent players from accientally triggering a super jump if their jumps are timed in the right rhythm.
[Fix] Fixed a small area in the water hub where the player could ledge grab up and stand in a ceiling area.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

spencerpo
Consortium Officer
Flag: United States of America

Re: (alphatest) EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by spencerpo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks for fixing so much and adding more neat features to the game, I love the replay value you put into the tower, and it's only getting better, keep up the good work!

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am

It crashed not giving any information in the reporter but my behavior suggests clicking "What Happened?" triggered it while logs suggest the bots might be responsible.

Edit: PCU Alternations convo is still repeatable.
Attachments
what_happened_crash.zip
(133.48 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 pm

12/18 alphatest

-Sensitivity still isn't saving/loading. Also would be nice if it showed two digits instead of one (like 1.35).

-I also had one time where the super jump erroneously charged.

-"No Ammo" flashing after equipping KAR is referring to grenades. It should probably say "No Grenades" instead of "No Ammo."

-So all of these are on the path to the backdoor to Famosa...
  1. The fan which usually sucks you into the first drop down wasn't spinning/sucking.
  2. If you save and load at the point under the solar panels, the switch no longer works to toggle the fan on/off. Additionally, the fan isn't spinning and isn't lethal if you go in there in this state.
  3. Eventually you get to a fork where left takes you to the elevator shaft and right takes you to Famosa.
    1. Left:
      1. I went down via the duct, breaking the grills as I went. Upon reaching the bottom, I saw the switch but left it alone.
      2. I ventured out into the elevator shaft, picked up the artifact, and noted a slit where the wall doesn't meet the floor in the corner:
        ► Show Spoiler
      3. Noted I couldn't get out of this area with the BUS. I had to switch to the FFS to get back up to the platform where the duct is I came from.
      4. I used the switch which, as I assumed, blew me up. The part I didn't plan on is getting killed. Pretty sure I had the FFS on with no shields (moved them to the BUS which I didn't have equipped because I had to use the FFS to get back up there).
    2. Right: Uneventful until Famosa:
      1. Famosa subtitles said "brutal criminal" but I think I heard him leave out "brutal" in the voice over.
      2. Supposedly Famosa hacked your CMC yet he sounds like a disembodied voice rather than a CMC voice. I think he should be made a CMC character (with the CMC audio filter) in this instance selling the dialog that he hacked the CMC network.
Edit: I started a new game, surrendered to Elon and the first time ever, I survived the encounter with Malcolm; however, my victory parade was short lived because I left the Famosa/Malcolm area via the Water Tunnels and when I finally found an exit, I couldn't get out of the water: https://youtu.be/800byiqqaKc

Edit: Started my attempt at murdering the everything and I was killed (armor damage: 3500, health damage: 71849) by The Voice or one of his thrown chairs: https://youtu.be/RXsi2b66Fx0

Started again and it crashed with the inventory open: https://youtu.be/AP87TL4NaMk
inventory_crash.zip
(82.58 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 am

Hotel Rooms, I think after you get off the yellow elevator, it would be running straight from there through the walls (have to go around to actually get there):
► Show Spoiler
Rooftop, plate under snow:
► Show Spoiler
There's some issues with the Ellen/Franky convo with Voice. I think the voice overs made sense but the subtitles were confusing.

Surrogate CEARs were worth 35 engineering points each. 8|

Surrogates, except Franky, had nothing on them. I ended up going into the tower to acquire more KAR ammo from Odin's squad.

I stumbled upon the room in the Hotel Rooms that "Can't Exit Water" video taken above was in. Knowing that water is a one-way path for me, I decided to turn around and leave through the door and it gave the typical bRegistered crash.
hotel_rooms_water_bRegistered.zip
(367.26 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 pm

There's a plethora of issues in Hotel Rooms (other than the crash). Here's some of them...

This is in the ducts near the elevator on the second floor. The hole in the floor in the distance goes to the hatch on the first floor. There's a gap between the duct and the hatch:
► Show Spoiler
I'm looking at/standing next to an invisible counter or object here. Pretty sure the surface is curved:
► Show Spoiler
Same area as above, standing next to the invisible collision. More importantly, in this picture, the KAR ammo here spawns repeatedly (microexplosive 15 shots each):
► Show Spoiler
Traffic jam either on the second floor going into the hotel rooms proper from where that save location used to be in the corner. The door kind of broke too. The door fixed itself but I ended up going around that group via ducts because only way through them would be to kill them:
► Show Spoiler
Here's a video of rushing to two problematical hatches. You can also see some streaming glitches (doors open before streaming is done). At the end, I tried to replicate the bRegistered crash and it didn't happen:
https://youtu.be/S-bu5wRdS7Y
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm

I failed to get this save to reproduce bRegistered via Bathroom but it reliably produces bRegistered attempting to go through the door to the Park (same door that was trouble previously).
https://youtu.be/YHdGuMJp0T4
Attachments
bRegistered_save.zip
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
bRegistered_crash.zip
(104.82 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:30 am

Guy running GTX 1080 Ti with 3 x 1920x1080 monitors said "consortium [demo] crashes upon application of my 5760x1080 resolution." Apparently he got it working but the UI stretches badly:
► Show Spoiler
Demo doesn't have an FOV slider. In alpha 1.4. the FOV slider isn't saved/loaded (doesn't even appear in GameSettings.ini). FOV # command works in the interim. Using FOV command:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 am

Bugs.......

Sorry the photos displayed last to first. I thought they would display in the order I uploaded them.

Also, the map was not working so it is hard for me to give exact locations.
Attachments
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_47 AM.png
nice little secret access there ;)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_47 AM.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3641 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_55 AM.png
I was now able to go in this area. Thanks for the fix. :)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_55 AM.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3641 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 4_02_19 AM.png
Getting very low FPS here. I had it drop down to 1 and the game froze repeatedly in this area. It is the entrance to the Tower core.
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 4_02_19 AM.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_45_16 AM.png
Objects are occasionally still falling through this areas ceiling/floor( reported this before) when you jump in the crawl space above. It only happened once this time. the rest of the time I was able to go there and not fall through the floor. I really have to remember the floors numbers! It is the floor you get to with Elon's key card.
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_45_16 AM.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_27 AM.png
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_27 AM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_16 AM.png
same tunnel with gap- exit
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_16 AM.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_35 AM.png
same tunnel
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_35 AM.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_09 AM.png
Gap in tunnel to floor below
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_09 AM.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_51 AM.png
hallway next to the turrets and elevator(for location identification)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_51 AM.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_59 AM.png
In this area right next to the elevator the turrets dont attack?
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_59 AM.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3643 times

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 pm

water in TT core and Hotel bug

https://youtu.be/3re1CUt6mFs

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm

The location of the gap in the venting ducts/ maintenance tunnels ( minute 7:52.) I got turned a round a bit so the video is longer than I wanted. But I got some other things recorded. The turrets not attacking being one and the severe lag when I use elevators and open the entrance to the TT core shaft and the Thames water plant. There are a few instances of this in the recording for the elevators....as well as my weapon hotkeys not working. As of this video the turret issues have been fixed for the next update. (thank you GreatBird). And the gun issue was a known one that is related to the water in the TT core bug.

https://youtu.be/m-lKJx_Fr2w?t=7m52s

FordGT90Concept

Re: EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 am

Friendly reminder that the current bRegistered bug on entering the Park appears to be related to "BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:BndEvtRamaSave_K2Node_ComponentBoundEvent_24_RamaSaveFirstSpawnSignatureDelegateSignature"

Code: Select all

LogScript:Warning: Script call stack:
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:BndEvtRamaSave_K2Node_ComponentBoundEvent_24_RamaSaveFirstSpawnSignatureDelegateSignature
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BPs_Doors_ModularDoor
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:CEv: Construction Code
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BPs_Doors_ModularDoor
► Show Spoiler

Tomato78
Consortium Officer
Flag: Russia

Post by Tomato78 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:24 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 pm
12/18 alphatest

Edit: I started a new game, surrendered to Elon and the first time ever, I survived the encounter with Malcolm; however, my victory parade was short lived because I left the Famosa/Malcolm area via the Water Tunnels and when I finally found an exit, I couldn't get out of the water: https://youtu.be/800byiqqaKc
Unfortunately, if you could go up through this tube, you would enter a room with a strange door which cannot be open. Think there's some bug, developers should know.

Tomato78
Consortium Officer

Post by Tomato78 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:00 pm

About suggetions. You changed a whole HUD, but not subtitles. Do you plan to change their style? It was a pure hell in first game, and it looks not natural here.

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Post by GreatBird » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Tomato: We will fix that area around the tub, for sure. re, subtitles: we have made some improvements to how they work since the first game. It's unclear to me what issues you're having with them. We know there are still issues when multiple people are talking at once. But is there something else that bothers you about the current subtitles?

-- GreatBird --

Tomato78
Consortium Officer

Post by Tomato78 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 am

GreatBird wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm
Tomato: We will fix that area around the tub, for sure. re, subtitles: we have made some improvements to how they work since the first game. It's unclear to me what issues you're having with them. We know there are still issues when multiple people are talking at once. But is there something else that bothers you about the current subtitles?
Yea, you was right, i was worried about subtitiles when many people speaking.
What else - When person speak, subtitles don't appear at once. They are animating and expanding from 1 string to 2,3 or 4. It looks a bit old, i don't know how it can be callled.
Maybe it's better to make them appear at once?
► Show Spoiler

omgalof
Consortium Officer
Flag: Brazil

Post by omgalof » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:39 am

water pathway blocked by some part to the map that probably should not have loaded.
► Show Spoiler
the save in question is here:
universe3.zip
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
the game log file is on the .zip as well

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Janitor: Hotel Park doesn't appear to be triggering. I attached the save. I know of about 8 low-value items and one dropped gun that are out of reach. I also know I couldn't collect the turret debris from the two high-up turrets because good luck finding it all down below amongst the grass.
Attachments
janitor-park-save.zip
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Janitor: Hotel Interior doesn't appear to be triggering. Attached save. Stuff has fallen out of the world and there's a lot of issues with cabinets: stuff fallen through the bottom of them to the floor where they're not accessible, stuff behind locked cabinets, and stuff behind cabinet doors with streaming issues.

Edit: Turret AI seems to be broken in this save too.
Attachments
janitor-rooms-save.zip
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 am

Janitor: Hotel Lobby...so many objects out of reach and some are infinitely respawning.

The achievement for killing all of Odin's squad should have fired too but it didn't. This save should have all of them dead.
Attachments
janitor-lobby-save.zip
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Odds & Ends

Alignments
-Comparison of CG1 versus CG2 with import:
1) John and Yanko shouldn't have -3 on import.
2) I don't really see the sense in importing characters that are dead.
3) Alignment only shows two characters. If -10, it only shows -.
-When I got XO-1'd, I saw Kiril get +15 or something like that. Kiril is dead. It would be nice if the function that handles alignment changes verifies they're alive before doing it.

Conversation Manager
-Conversations that aren't clearing
--What happened?
--Freefall Suit (might be because it got cut off and resumed, didn't clear after finishing resumed)
--Dr David Schelter

Bots
-They like to congregate which makes them prime targets for grenades. A single shot from a stock KAR is enough to cause this behavior. Perhaps the difference between "loud" and "soft" is too great? These are the only two maps I've seen it happen on:
--Hotel Park: https://youtu.be/1dskbCtKvns
--Hotel Interior: https://youtu.be/hflnZoVwAnw
-A lot of Odin's crew seem to have a Strommon rifle + ammo in addition to their KAR/Combat Shotgun. You'd think they'd only have their primary weapon. If they had a secondary, it would be like a pistol or something.
-I have yet to see one surrender/run in fear even with 93 of their comrades dead and way upgraded equipment so they couldn't possibly kill me. The morale system should perhaps be tweaked to make fear/surrender more common.
-When you snipe them from a long ways away, they instantly know exactly where you are. There should try to run for cover first, then a period of where they're trying to figure out where you are (calculated based on your concealment), then they should engage.
-Odin still has no inventory:
--no shields
--no weapon
--no ammo
--no Red Transponder key

Engineering System
-I think the increase in requirements for engineering points are okay so long as the upgrades we see are the same ones going to the end of the game (or at least well into Act 2).
-RE:energy requirements for engineering system: I'm mixed on this point because one can easily balance the collection of points with the high consumption rate of the Tactical HUD. If you don't use the Tactical HUD, however, the energy requirements seem way too low. What makes the most sense to me is simply removing energy from the engineering system altogether. The amount of energy is generally trivial and the ability to upgrade is already tempered by the scarcity of engineering points.
-BUS was the first thing I got fully upgraded and...it made me sad. A void was created by not having armor upgrades for it anymore. That or the other upgrades are too cheap (especially the taser ones) so it's easy to get to the end.

Weapons
-Shotgun:
--Useless against shields.
--Cooldown mechanic makes it dangerous to use against shielded enemies.
--The fact it doesn't cooldown itself over time is kind of silly.
--It may be overpowered against Elon's squad but it's mostly worthless (and great way to get killed) against Odin's squad.
--Can kill turrets hidding in the ground.
-KAR should have three behaviors:
--Unzoomed: full auto (unchanged damage)
--2x should be changed to 1.25x or 1.5x and fire 3-round bursts (same damage per shot as full auto).
--3.5x should be changed to 6x or 8x and fire the single shot sniper round (damage unchanged from what it is now).
-KAR upgrade that trades energy generation for dampening needs explanation of what's going on. I mean, why would a gun generate energy? Because recycling casings. Makes sense, but doesn't say that anywhere.
-KAR (and other items with long descriptions in inventory) has an auto-scrolling feature that's annoying on PC. Something like that may have to be done for the console version though. Actually, the whole inventory system may need to be rethought for controllers.

Miscellaneous
-Escape key didn't work during the XO-1 Voice conversation.
-I think I tried to put my shotgun away while it was streaming and the shotgun got stuck looking like this. Even if I dropped it and picked it up again, it kept glowing. Saving and loading fixed it but if memory serves, it caused a duplication bug (ended up with two partially upgraded shotguns in inventory):
► Show Spoiler
-Phased Matter Detector upgrade is available before encountering an Icer:
► Show Spoiler
-Achievement didn't trigger for killing 94 Odin squad members. Details on Google Doc.

Localized Stuff

Intro
-Environmental light is pulsing too regularly (visible on arms). It gives the impression I'm spinning. I quit listening to K15 because I was distracted by it: https://youtu.be/uYCoYOeNiy8

Hotel Park
-Can stuck in ground: https://youtu.be/tj8W1yINuhM
-Tablet stuck in floor, I got stuck in wall: https://youtu.be/bicfN9GJ_qE
-Columns not tall enough: https://youtu.be/-X9AmsJiXx8
-Locked cabinet with unreachable bowls in it: https://youtu.be/1p5LXia_P58
-Geometry issues and level placed in wall: https://youtu.be/kbRleN_Qa2s
-Geometry gap into the void: https://youtu.be/HW-PCg5zrNs

Hotel Interior
-Slow streaming of lower floor via duct: https://youtu.be/JaNIPiyIXWI
-Lots of problems with cabinets with recycleables being locked or having mesh issues so you can't get to them (list is incomplete):
--https://youtu.be/0ls8nUb-ljc
--https://youtu.be/JDN9yWWJWCk

Hotel Lobby
-Pointing at a gap in this picture:
► Show Spoiler
-Performance and Streaming problems on top floor: https://youtu.be/FbiXXOtfAU0
-Two locations in the office where resources respawn...
--3 carbon crates and a light on the other side of the wall: https://youtu.be/nfHvWleyiOQ
--2 resource crates, pallet lift, and tablet: https://youtu.be/km83RBTVwik
-Leave world via duct: https://youtu.be/GTbTWB5V-So
-Potential gap and a door that should be locked: https://youtu.be/WYPAgkQaGiA
-Streaming issues and objects that can't be recycled (has voice over): https://youtu.be/--CBYJ5TjwQ
-Invisible objects...
--Dunno what that round thing is supposed to be on the floor either: https://youtu.be/Tc9YHBZr4Uo
--https://youtu.be/57t4n-aL6EE
-Recyclable objects placed in wall: https://youtu.be/o-z3vTG8pw4
-Streaming issues: https://youtu.be/BX6UAroqPDg
-Turret hides sticking it's bottom out on exterior (I think it's a rocket turret):
► Show Spoiler
Water Treatment Plant
-Had BUS and broken FFS (because XO-1), couldn't escape the water with the six blades on the bottom.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 am

I believe this is from the same save as the Janitor: Hotel Lobby save above:
https://youtu.be/fUHZGDnig_k
0:00 notice that the snow doesn't go away until I enter the corridor with all the red transponder elevators.
0:20 the red transponder elevator doesn't come. If it does eventually, I'm tired of waiting for it. On that note: the low velocity elevators to prevent player escape could probably be ignored when the player isn't in the elevator. Less waiting if it really is just moving that slow...
3:14 IDGI tunnel warning when there no longer is an IDGI tunnel here.
3:57 turbines aren't spinning but they still hurt...a little bit.
5:10 escape the tunnels into the wet void.

No video of this but the water hub is ridiculous. Specifically:
1) lack of save points
2) lack of recyclables
3) electrified floor with switches basically in it and no clear means to disable the electricity
4) many areas require use of the FFS which, good luck if you don't have energy (see #2)
5) FFS responds too forcefully to minor collisions
6) FFS not having jump work to go up when flying parallel to Earth make maintaining altitude and slowing decent needlessly complicated
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Post by GreatBird » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Some really great posts above. A bunch of stuff is already on the list but lots of this is exactly what we're looking for, so thanks.

The WaterHub is very much supposed to be extremely deadly and difficult. It allows one to bypass things that otherwise require other types of gameplay (combat or diplomacy), so it's not designed to be "friendly" to players, at all. Going in with with upgrades and lots of energy is required. Also there are quite a few juicy recyclables but a lot of them are hidden.

That said, we hear the feedback regardless. You can expect more save spots and a few more hidden recyclables in the next update.

"3) electrified floor with switches basically in it and no clear means to disable the electricity" -- Yep, forcing you into the electricity to continue - if you don't have the energy or upgraded gear to handle it, it's time to backtrack!

"4) many areas require use of the FFS which, good luck if you don't have energy (see #2)" -- Actually other than fans that are too strong and trap you, there shouldn't be any areas that truly REQUIRE a FFS.... ?

-- GreatBird --

omgalof
Consortium Officer

Post by omgalof » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 pm

crash report time:
► Show Spoiler
trying to pass that hatch causes a crash, my way there was, go down tower 1 ventilation all the way to 212121 then go down to the lobby enter the waterways by the frozen pool's and go up to the vents around the cell.

crash report on attachments, also this hatch switch on the lobby don't work

https://youtu.be/A8bYLDX0gY4

edit: added the save file
Attachments
universe4.zip
(4 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
UE4CC-Windows-AE0B9261483A44BDEEDAC1991A12786A_0000.zip
(176.71 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

GreatBird wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm
"3) electrified floor with switches basically in it and no clear means to disable the electricity" -- Yep, forcing you into the electricity to continue - if you don't have the energy or upgraded gear to handle it, it's time to backtrack!

"4) many areas require use of the FFS which, good luck if you don't have energy (see #2)" -- Actually other than fans that are too strong and trap you, there shouldn't be any areas that truly REQUIRE a FFS.... ?
They were both talking about the same room with electirifed floor and four switches. I don't think any of the switches are reachable without the FFS because there's columns abstructing all the paths horizontally. The two on the water line are also unreachable without using FFS either to stay out of the water, or to get out of the water. My FFS had two regular shields and I had less than 2-3 seconds to death. Even my fully upgraded BUS with 5 upgraded shields (all upgrades were costing 100+ EP at that point) lost 2-3 shields by the time I switched to the FFS and flew out of the water.

I think the damage of that water needs to be reduced or, at bare minimum, a save point right there so if you fail, you can try again. If the latter, it can still become a trial of patience.

Another suggestion is to allow the multiboost upgrade for the BUS to work in water.
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Post by GreatBird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 pm

All of the switches can be reached with super jumping and ledge grabbing. It's true that the two in the water are tricky because of the water and turrets. You don't need the FFS to get out of the water, though - you can ledge grab out of it with the center platform.

-- GreatBird --

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Isolated bRegistered.
https://youtu.be/qYUOhv-jiuw
Attachments
UE4CC-Windows-8CA67C694E906F0468F51A928A2178AF_0000.zip
(89.89 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Was going between roof and park over and over for 10 minutes. Alt+tabbed out for a minute. The recording has everything after I tabbed back into the game.
https://youtu.be/jpG_ohFGY9k
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 am

Two videos from alphatest. In both cases, NextBot.SeePlayer 0

First video I simply fell out of the world (again). All benches moved freely:
https://youtu.be/qhuwtzFdFgc

Second video, I pushed around a bunch of benches and tried to make it crash via roof door. Failing that, I went back inside and was caught off guard that some of the benches were locked again. That's when I noticed all the save sphere spam in the console. For some reason, the benches unlocked again so I went cow bench tipping for a while. I tried the roof streaming door and it didn't crash. I tried the interior door and it did crash. Typical Rama K2Node crash again.
https://youtu.be/00-E1HHdPvU
Attachments
UE4CC-Windows-69A7E3C14D98F4F1811D03AA1973C637_0000.zip
(180.38 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 pm

bRegistered on the latest alphatest (has debugging info in video):
https://youtu.be/0ymxt7e8hSI

Just before the crash, the screen says:

Code: Select all

ABOUT TO STREAM B--E_HotelTowers_1_2_4_Park
OMEGA Attempting to load B--E_HotelTowers_1_2_4_Park
Adding B--E_HotelTowers_1_2_4_Park to currently loaded levels
Starting for each loop
Setting streaming levels array
Delay .2 End Buffering Stream Indicator
Delay .2 Start
DISABLE SAVE SPHERES
Then it purged all of them except the "OMEGA" line to the crash.
Attachments
UE4CC-Windows-08370AF4484F0089CF122F887F9F5BB2_0000.zip
(178.36 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
► Show Spoiler

omgalof
Consortium Officer

Post by omgalof » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm

bug: upon placing the items Elon requested on the box(the ones you get from Preben Cache) the quest competition do not trigger

edit: save added
Attachments
universe8.7z
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

BlueShiftRecall
Consortium Officer
Flag: Australia

Post by BlueShiftRecall » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:31 am

"Turning the Tables - Speak to the Consortium Traitor" randomly achieved for me today when I spoke with the "traitor." It was never achieved in previous games but today for some reason it worked? No idea why since I read it was bugged.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Discord feedback on mechanics:
Manic wrote:turrets instantly damaging you instead of a wind up or warning of any kind, combat is currently stand and shoot, charge jump needs a lot of work, along with the freefall suit being near useless to even go 10 meters down at a 45 degree angle
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Post by GreatBird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:10 pm

BlueShift: It WAS bugged but is fixed now in alphatest.

-- GreatBird --

piolin
Consortium Officer
Flag: Liechtenstein

Post by piolin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:54 am

Game crashes while loading a save, ue4 crash window displays the following:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

thetower!ACombatCharacter::DropWeapon() [c:\thetower\source\thetower\private\combatcharacter.cpp:2330]
thetower!AActor::GetFunctionCallspace() [d:\unrealengine_idgi\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3721]
thetower!UObject::execStructMemberContext() [d:\unrealengine_idgi\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2233]
thetower!ACombatCharacter::execDropWeapon()

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 am

Had a player experience this upon using the Steam Overlay. It may be related to ResolutionQuality being out of bounds (like -998). I tried to replicate this myself and it failed to reproduce (got pixelated, not a box inside of a box as shown):
► Show Spoiler
Same user also entered combat faster than expected, likely because agitation rises too fast (as in jumps from 5 to 9). I think the randomness of the jump is a bad thing. It should just rise incrementally and open fire at 9. The randomness presents as a bug even though it isn't. Two more suggestions here:
1) Make aggitation "jump" up if you startle them (e.g. you're less than 10' away when they notice you).
2) If you're going to keep the randomness, how about having a pull of VO lines to pull from that signify the next will be a fire fight. For example, they could say "trigger finger getting itchy" or "stop skulking around Bishop!"

There really needs to be a quicksave or something after Malcolm is done talking because the conversations between the save point and the surprise fight are so long and the failure rate of that fight is high. Additionally, the game should check for and auto equip:
1) If BUS is fully repaired, equip it.
2) If shields are fully repaired, equip them in the BUS if they aren't already
3) If Assault Rifle is fully repaired, equip it.
4) If Combat Shotgun is fully repaired, equip it instead of the AR.
That way, without even thinking, you're better prepared to deal with what is about to hit. You could even do a little IDGI signal loss while this is happening and throw something in the IDGI box at the top saying "Player Assistance Executed" or something.

Player wasn't sure how to use grenades. I told him he needs KAR. He says he's screwed (not enough energy to repair it) because he doesn't have energy, ammo, or guns to survive after escaping Malcolm.

I've not noticed any bullets penetrate anything they're not supposed to. Might be able to speed up velocity a bit more.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Requested 5 most annoying things about the water hub:

1) Swimming perpendicular to a fan and getting sucked to your death. Solution: use exponential force on the sucking. It's only inescapable if you're right next to it.

2) Electrified water that kills almost instantly (that whole room in general is awful). If you don't have the FFS and a lot of energy, it isn't even worth trying. Solution: reduce the damage of the electricity to next to nothing or add a switch to disable it in the room somewhere.

3) The duct maze is good on the roof because you can use the automap and some logic to eliminate routes. That doesn't work with the waterhub maze. Solution: Allow the automap to work in the "Unknown Interference" area.

4) Can't tell if a fan is sucking or blowing looking directly at it. Solution: make them glow red on the sucking side and green on the exhaust side. If glowing is too costly, color the blades to indicate sucking and blowing sides.

5) Not enough save spheres. Every time I died, I had to cover a lot of distance to get back to where I was. Solution: add more save spheres.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:07 pm

This one isn't a bug but just showing how:
a) 3.5x isn't enough zoom.
b) no gravity so sniping like this is super easy.
c) time between shot and impact.
https://youtu.be/n4Welyx-Y6E

I accidentally rolled the wheel instead of clicking it (to change zoom). The important thing to note here is that, in the thick of combat, how difficult it is to get the KAR reselected for many reasons:
a) weapons aren't automatically equipped when the wheel is rolled, only selected.
b) other crap is in the bar including armor and stealth nodes.
c) which item is highlighted doesn't stand out from the rest.
https://youtu.be/D_8XI1NXnSk

I think AI should auto-detect player if within 1m. When something is in feeling distance, it's nigh impossible to stay hidden. Stealth node could/should break that rule.
https://youtu.be/YZstVPH80iY

This isn't the only place I've seen this behavior but here's an example.
https://youtu.be/7Z-FY3l0jvc

I feel like a midget at the end of the elevator ride because the crouch/stand height is so low to the floor. It fixes itself on disembarking but, awkward.
https://youtu.be/roetgnHO3ro

Having a gun out completely changes how FFS works. Apparently the axis are fixed to the same as standing; however, I run into the same issue as FFS in general: the platform I need to get to is just above me and I can't get there because pushing jump means turning the FFS off. So I decide to put it away and then the next bug presents itself. The KAR is glowy and when I try to put it away, it's automatically pulling the CEAR out. When I try to put the CEAR away, it automatically gets the KAR out. I eventually look at my inventory to see that *neither* are equipped. So I recycle the CEAR and it doesn't fix anything. Also try manually equipping and unequipping the KAR. Nothing works. I ended up loading a save...all because I can't fly up a few feet.
https://youtu.be/Pi6IobWr4Oo

https://youtu.be/OvOjzBt0n4s

I really don't know how you're going to fix this one...
https://youtu.be/anhCqQ1E9SQ

...easier to just ignore the puzzle and go on through.
https://youtu.be/lVsZ2muvL94

https://youtu.be/rdnGfNE_cxA

https://youtu.be/f-5WU9aKkAM

Pretty sure I reported getting stuck here before. It's between those water tanks in the water hub and the hotel lobby.
https://youtu.be/d6rEuffimvg

There's a piece of pipe that isn't rendering in the Automap circled in red:
► Show Spoiler

I found the place to get that achievement why I set off on this in the first place and..."talk anywhere" is broken. That or I pushed the wrong key, but I doubt it. Trying again now...

Edit: I was told that this is probably caused by alt+tab, which I did, to stop music that was playing so I could hear him talk. Apparently I needed to left click to fix "talk anywhere" but I didn't want to do that for fear of making him attack me. Seems plausible that alt+tab broke it.

Edit: Checked my "talk" bind it matches the key I'm pushing. It isn't working on a second attempt. All that work for more bugs. :cry:

Also, it's really difficult, if not impossible, to get out of the water in this area. 2/2 I had to equip the FFS and fly out.
Last edited by FordGT90Concept on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Requested video + save of Frank.
https://youtu.be/-hj4LoZXrjs
Attachments
talk-anywhere.zip
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:19 pm

► Show Spoiler

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 am

I just had a crash at the hotel access entrance. It is probably not a new issue but thought it worth reporting. The game kept freezing and the hotel interior entrance door and exit doors would not open when I activated them. When I tried to open the doors before the crash it was also accompanied by the "voice" static.

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

thetower!ACombatCharacter::DropWeapon() [c:\thetower\source\thetower\private\combatcharacter.cpp:2330]
thetower!AActor::GetFunctionCallspace() [d:\unrealengine_idgi\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3721]
thetower!UObject::execStructMemberContext() [d:\unrealengine_idgi\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2233]
thetower!ACombatCharacter::execDropWeapon()

https://youtu.be/rIEToskEdWg (recording from save reload after the crash) Cannot open exterior door now.
Attachments
universe3.7z
save files just prior to crash (from save point outside door)
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 4_22_2018 11_00_02 AM.png
The crash happened in the interior entrance. This picture is from when I reloaded the save file but now I cannot open the outside door to get in. See video.
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 4_22_2018 11_00_02 AM.png (841.65 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
UE4CC-Windows-283DD40E4C055EA1DFF9568A52275B84_0000.7z
crash report
(119.06 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri May 04, 2018 5:03 pm

In Options, "Close" behaves the same as "Save & Apply." Additionally, Close/Save & Apply affect multiple tabs instead of just the one you're on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH_wqz7lavI

Moving the sound sliders doesn't take immediate effect so you can hear the difference. You either have to restart the game or mute then unmute it to hear the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i95xftpjSg4
https://youtu.be/3QnwpDkh8VA
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 pm

alphatest

The new combat balance, against turrets anyway, felt okay except for this spot just after Malcolm (might be another case of the random OP turret):
https://youtu.be/J4qg2YIyNQw

I managed to get back to the roof but it took me just shy of 15 minutes. If you think that's too long for someone that's familiar with the area, perhaps there needs to be stronger visual cues indicating how to leave.

Noticed the left slot above the PCU in the inventory doesn't show KAR AP rounds right:
I moved the stack to the right area and they show correctly. Move it back to the left slot and it appears how you see it (dark). I did not try putting anything else there, just the ammo. This was after getting stuff back from the Malcolm/Alvarez locker.

This has already been emailed to Steve but here it is again for posterity. There's a dialog that leads to a "yes, yes" conclusion instead of a "yes, no" conclusion:
The tree that starts with…
Elon Stone: Alright, enough chit-chat.

I did:
F2: What do you have that I need?
F1: Alright, I’m listening…
F3: AK-47s? That’s weird.
F1: Then you murdered those people at the docks.
F1: What do you want from me?
F1: If I say no?
F3: How can I trust you?
F3: And what kind of gear do you want?

And here’s the problem, there’s only three choices:
F1: Alright, I'll do it.
F2: My people say I shouldn't, but I'll do it.
F3: [Move On]

It’s missing a choice reflecting “No, I won’t give you illegally modified assault blasters.”
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:32 am

alphatest 1.5

Performance issues and pop-in issues running around the lobby exterior:
https://youtu.be/x4moqTuENLA

More to come...

Edit: ReLive quit recording audio at some point so...yeah...there isn't any...but none of them were audio bugs so it's okay...

Really bad pop out then pop in in the same area as the above video but that video didn't catch it. Luckily caught it later:
https://youtu.be/7aKxWgUv7xA

These stairs seem like they got shifted a bit so the rails block more of path than they should:
https://youtu.be/UxtpwllhZYw

Rockets travel through walls to hit the Bishop:
https://youtu.be/nHobOc4CpRs

This is right next to the rocket turret in the lobby (container draw distance should be a wee bit longer):
https://youtu.be/cLSrvSm0rpw

XO-1 Odin, he said he'd give me the key right at the top of the conversation. I ran away, later discovered I didn't have a key. I went back to him and talked to him because why not. I don't know if it's deliberate that he *intentionally* doesn't give you the keycard and you're supposed to press him for it or if this is just the result of being XO-1 conversation with him. Anyway, there's dialog that repeats here twice that is definitely a bug:
https://youtu.be/hiMyHkzlK1w

Bolt turrets still go OP:
https://youtu.be/wWz5G_RXk5I

First impression of water impeller physics was not good, ended up dying in this video:
https://youtu.be/iDQ9BKdfTA8
This is immediately down the bath tub in Hotel Rooms.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:12 pm

alphatest 1.5

On combat balancing:
-consider reducing Odin's guys in Park and Rooms with five shields down to three.
-consider making kinetic rounds bypass shields completely that way you're not completely defenseless against armor damaging attacks.

There's fans that don't kill (but still trap) in the jail ducts:
https://youtu.be/plN__wfbEWE

Location indicators are in the foreground compared to the chat UI making it difficult to read dialog options:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Friendly reminder that Famosa hacked CMC isn't using the CMC voice filter.

Odin subtitles, likely because of the squad mate interjecting, don't stay on screen long enough. Can't read what they're talking about before they disappear.

If you get the jump on Elon, his dialog struggles to trigger:
https://youtu.be/eplALFjNzFg
https://youtu.be/_KZzA1GDhPc

Will the real Elon please stand up? Please stand up.

I may be crazy but I think the ducts leaving the jail area get a lot darker after the Malcolm encounter compared to before.

Malcolm isn't checking global conditions for XO-1. His dialog is the Consortium side right now. Should have tree specific to Voice side.

Probably specific to this alphatest version but twice I ended up jumping, ledge grabbing, and ending up above the jail area from inside the jail area.
https://youtu.be/hOTCcIt3rZI
Happened again in the Park -> Rooms transition room:
https://youtu.be/UBc8BK7QBtc
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:29 am

Get stuck in the water treatment plant switch room area:
https://youtu.be/hM3d3076hME

Lots of problems in the switch room/puzzle:
1) still can't distinguish the colors under water
1a) had a thought on that: why not make Tactical Hud remove the murkiness so you can clearly see the color?
2) so I swam up close to them on the right to try to get a better look at it, impeller pulled me in
3) I tried to swim away but it was no use
4) I swam through them, almost died trying but survived
5) Loaded save in switch room (because I cheesed the puzzle yet again), none of the impellers were spinning but they hurt to swim through

Water in the treatment plant water feels like it doesn't turn off gravity.

The talk anywhere with Frank not working only happens when XO-1'd.

The switches above Frank, Rook 9 said he marked one but none are marked.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 pm

alphatest 1.5 (were on Discord)

When you go to the jail via the ducts, the ducts are bright. When you reenter the ducts after interacting with Famosa, they darken:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -07.17.mp4

Noticed a lot of convos missing, specifically, K15 related to talking to The Voice:
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

alphatest 1.5 (were on discord)

New game, from scratch, stealth incap, path: roof -> famosa -> roof -> hotel park by hoverpad -> hotel rooms by door -> water pipes -> hotel rooms -> TT core -> water treatment -> lobby

Random Thoughts:
-F8 is a weird key to press to save when it's contextual based. Why not make it the same as melee? Melee obviously isn't implemented yet but the bind can certainly handle dual purpose.
-Roof could use more save locations. I feel like King Kong scaling towers to save instead of swat at planes.
-The two AI on the ring at the center of the roof courtyard make the courtyard much more difficult to sneak than any other part of the roof. Would perhaps be easier if they patrolled instead of standing at one point and rotating.
-There's a part in the Ellen dialog where the subtitles says "Darsie" but the VO says "boss"
-Subtitle text covers up the hacking/scanning progress bar.
-Consortium Famosa (CMC encounter), it's possible to get the line where Rook 9 says "best friends forever" twice.
-The electrified water in the park is was able to swim in, I think, via crouching. The water is so shallow, it should just force standing, no?
-I got the dialog trigger about the TT on the courtyard shouldn't be there. When I got close to the TT ceiling in the park, Rook 9 gave his "Remember that..." dialog twice.
-The shield upgrade from 1500 energy/second to 1490 energy/second to 1475 energy/second is hardly worth it.
-Conversation manager doesn't scroll. It indicated that I had 9 messages but it would not show more than 8.
-Powered jumping in ducts and going through the water pipes is pretty much an inevitiable Untouchable = false situation.
-I believe water impellers are still too grabby receiving at least 256,500 energy worth of impeller damage (water treatment plant -> hotel lobby via pipes).
-Would be nice if there was a better visual que in TacHUD to indicate which way the bots are facing. Their feet are kind of unreliable.
-The hotel park feels like it doesn't have enough utility energy for how many guards and turrets are around there.
-KAR sniper mode should perhaps consume 2-4 ammo per shot to balance the high damage it does.

Previously reported:
-"Somebody Spoke to me" convo doesn't have the R25 follow up and never goes away.
-Roof yellow transponder elevator, can't just run out of it: https://youtu.be/vSN9OySjiI4
-Doug is still getting marked by TacHUD and that marker lingers long after he is gone: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
-Ammo in Hotel Rooms keeps spawning more and more and more: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
-If you're in water then load a save. The water sound effect applied to everything remains.
-The blackness by the water pipes nanite fragment looks like a bug (seeing the void) and not a feature: https://youtu.be/CgR91ojxOzo

This video demonstrates two bugs:
► Show Spoiler
Here's my main save where Preban has no inventory (the above is a new game from scatch demonstrating it):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _empty.zip
https://youtu.be/FVERzv-Hs2I (also note how much overlapping dialog is in here)

Edit: Odin Log
odin_log.zip
(158.59 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Likely Random, One-Off Fluke:
► Show Spoiler

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs:
Get damaged just above the entrance to the duct maze:
https://youtu.be/mZyoHXcwuog

Maybe should move this patrol waypoint a tiny bit away from the edge (down below VXY antenna connecting to adjacent tower--under the slide) so he doesn't fall down to the courtyard when tased:

Smashable grate by solar panels might be misplaced:

IDGI bar hides and the Open doesn't go with it. Open tab just hangs there:
https://youtu.be/v8ycojnWr_0

Catwalk above hoverpad has collision issues:
https://youtu.be/sqTQWuDD3q4

This remains a mystery but the save point by the hoverpad was inaccessible for me until I came back later:
https://youtu.be/pvv5vWsEuFc

Floor missing. The ladder to my right there goes up to the save point, hole down to Voice is behind me:

Think he may have already fixed this one but four dudes got stuck on the TT in the Park next to the shaft down to the Voice:

Voice room, there's a gap in the floor:

Lots of areas of the Park have grass but no texture underneath so you see the void:

Guard ended up between floors in the park:
https://youtu.be/CeiWIv-qNok

When incapping the guy above^ (he was the last one). Two bugs presented:
1) The dialog that triggered references the Roof instead of Odin's guys.
2) "Sleep It Off: Norwegian Style" achievement was granted when all of Odin's guys in the Hotel Rooms and Hotel Lobby are still concious.

Hole in wall in hotel rooms where those four turrets are:

Shock Absorber upgrades are not saved/loaded: I went to TTCore, opened the hatch to security hub, saw the tunnel, was all NOPE, turned around and walked away, but it's stuck like this now:

The area below the office in the hotel lobby has streaming issues. Example:
https://youtu.be/Uk_lJ4yktOg
Crack in the wall looking through the crack at the office save point:

Saw two searching lasers stuck in mid air. This may be a consequence of Odin's people in the Hotel Rooms were searching for me but Odin's people in the Lobby were not:
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Loaded up the previous save and finished it out...

Hotel Lobby Restaurant bathrooms on upper floor have a ceiling mesh missing:

On the same side of the lobby as above on the opposite side of the lobby from the restaurant, there's an invisible planter as part of that big column in the middle:

Now I went up to the roof and noticed the organic cable is very misplaced where it wraps around and goes into the elevator:

At the bottom of the elevator, the duct that drops down into the floor ends up dropping into the void:
Following the tunnel into the jail, the jail is all kinds of messed up with the trap doors missing (did not get that event in this play through) and the door where Malcolm comes in is missing but still has collision so can't go through.

From there, I navigated through the duct maze and got what should be 7/7 nanite fragment. I later discovered the game thinks I have 6. I think one of them didn't count towards the counter but because there's no way to look how many fragments I have without triggering the end game, it will be very difficult to know which one didn't count:
Also: I discovered at least two IDGI-1 Tunnels in this play through (one actually triggered the "universe log") yet the count is at 0.
Also: Also: Time cloaked over 6 hours? Impossible!

The Retro News story about Luna has "these question" when it should be "these questions."

FFS 2->4 nodes costs 350 gears. 4->6 nodes costs 40 gears. I think it's backwards. Or 40 was meant to be much higher?

End of traitor dialog, K15 says "alright, bishop has a job to do." Immediately after that, subtitles show R25 with a blank line.

Here's a list of all the convos I've done at least once that won't clear:

Phased through a pipe here:
https://youtu.be/202vxCDjTnI

Rook 9 says he marked the switch to turn off power but it doesn't actually get marked. I ended up pushing all the switches instead:

Swimming from that room back to the giant water pipe loop. The downward pressure of the water was *very* strong. As I was swimming towards that T junction, I was going directly at the impeller and fell down through the pipe before reaching the perpendicular pipe. I wasn't recording when it happened. Repro instructions:
1) go to power switch room normally
2) try to swim back to the big loop leaving the room
3) when you see the first impeller, swim along the bottom of the pipe
4) fall through the pipe before reaching the perpendicular pipe

NoClip doesn't work in water. I had no way to get back.
► Show Spoiler

Kamroarl
Consortium Officer
Flag: Panama

EA Alpha 1 4 bugs comments suggestions

Post by Kamroarl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Im really curious why some old, early reported and already fixed bugs from previous alpha versions return in new builds so often? Is it some difficulties in code sync between 3 devs?