Early Access ALPHA 1.2 is now live. Includes Act 1 of 3 for the game, made up of 7 full environments including the rooftop for you to explore. viewforum.php?f=157

ARG V2 Dialer Collaboration!

Topics and posts about the ongoing online iDGi-1 Alternate Reality Game that started on January 2010. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
Fallaner
Flag: United States of America

Re: ARG V2 Dialer Collaboration!

Post by Fallaner » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Personally, I think SOMETHING is up with Henry.

Look, I like Henry, I generally trust the guy.

But his behavior from the ARG to modern Consortium, and even in his personal message in ARG V2, makes me feel something is off about him now.

I still think Thomas is trying to slander him, but SOMETHING is up with him. He used to be much more friendly, and if you didn't notice, childlike.

I also feel there's some secret regarding the Bishops, as apparently Henry IS accessed by other universes and not just ours, though he at least seems to be trying to make us seem unique. However... It feels like there's something big going on... and Henry may not totally be telling us the truth.

But I feel he's INFINITELY more trustworthy than Thomas, especially given what he's done in the possible future where Thomas' Virus screws over Henry...

"Sing with me a song, of silence and blood,
The Rain falls, but can't wash away the mud,
Within my ancient dwells, madness and pride,
Can no one, hear my cry?"

I change profile images sometimes.

duke9509

Post by duke9509 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Hey, just chiming in regarding the issue with the "KEY" archiver item.
Just missed a post when I was migrating everything to the new ID system. Fixed now.

And as for breaking your bookmarks, sorry! Completely slipped my mind that that would happen when all the IDs changed.
I just added a =clear-bookmarks command so you at least don't have to kill them one-by-one.

If you're wondering why I changed everything, it's because the old IDs were semi-sequential, which allowed for cheating. You could just keep attempting each number in series starting from 1 and find everything. The new IDs, while not random, aren't predictable in that way, and they start at a much greater length so you can't brute force them as easily.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Fallaner wrote:I still think Thomas is trying to slander him, but SOMETHING is up with him. He used to be much more friendly, and if you didn't notice, childlike.
He's growing up...maturing. That was one of the components of linking him to brains.
Fallaner wrote:I also feel there's some secret regarding the Bishops, as apparently Henry IS accessed by other universes and not just ours, though he at least seems to be trying to make us seem unique. However... It feels like there's something big going on... and Henry may not totally be telling us the truth.
Henry is also an AI. AI's do not say/do any more than what is required.
duke9509 wrote:Hey, just chiming in regarding the issue with the "KEY" archiver item.
Just missed a post when I was migrating everything to the new ID system. Fixed now.
Yay, I think I documented everything in Burst 1.

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:47 pm

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Fallaner wrote:I still think Thomas is trying to slander him, but SOMETHING is up with him. He used to be much more friendly, and if you didn't notice, childlike.
He's growing up...maturing. That was one of the components of linking him to brains.
Fallaner wrote:I also feel there's some secret regarding the Bishops, as apparently Henry IS accessed by other universes and not just ours, though he at least seems to be trying to make us seem unique. However... It feels like there's something big going on... and Henry may not totally be telling us the truth.
Henry is also an AI. AI's do not say/do any more than what is required.
duke9509 wrote:Hey, just chiming in regarding the issue with the "KEY" archiver item.
Yay, I think I documented everything in Burst 1.

I don't HAVE TO like him growing up! Especially when he starts acting fishy and not as friendly!

Henry also liked to say extra pointless stuff all the time. Like saying Ominiousness over and over cause he liked how that sounded.

Historian

Post by Historian » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Remember - Henry isn't a raw artificial intelligence. He's 21 brains digitized, and his thought patterns are in many ways influenced by how those people thought and acted.

He isn't a HAL-type rules follower, he's 21 digitized people working in a balance between those imprints. It makes him far more 'human' than a more diabolical AI like Skynet, Daedalus, or SHODAN. He's more of a Cortana in terms of humanization.

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Historian wrote:Remember - Henry isn't a raw artificial intelligence. He's 21 brains digitized, and his thought patterns are in many ways influenced by how those people thought and acted.

He isn't a HAL-type rules follower, he's 21 digitized people working in a balance between those imprints. It makes him far more 'human' than a more diabolical AI like Skynet, Daedalus, or SHODAN. He's more of a Cortana in terms of humanization.
I was just pointing out that Henry doesn't do as many fairly pointless things anymore. I kinda miss it.

He used to be fascinated by our music and differences between our histories and words that sound cool.

He really isn't anymore. It's.... kinda disappointing, honestly. And I find his new behavior a bit... odd. He has a lot of secrets now it feels like.

Thriesteve
Consortium Administrator

Post by Thriesteve » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:45 am

Fallaner wrote:I was just pointing out that Henry doesn't do as many fairly pointless things anymore. I kinda miss it. He used to be fascinated by our music and differences between our histories and words that sound cool.
:) You've got to keep in mind that when he was like this, he was a child (2028-2031'ish). Now, as in by 2042, he's basically mastered everything about us, matured to an extreme degree, and while still has a bit of a goofy personality... he's nowhere near the same "person" he was back during his initial upbringing.

That said, I too miss the young Henry ;)
---------------------------
-- Steve MacMartin
- head writer @ iDGi

"The creak of bed springs suffering under the weight of a restless man is as lonely a sound as I know" - Patrick DeWitt (Sisters Brothers)

Historian

Post by Historian » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Fallaner wrote:
Historian wrote:I was just pointing out that Henry doesn't do as many fairly pointless things anymore. I kinda miss it.

He used to be fascinated by our music and differences between our histories and words that sound cool.

He really isn't anymore. It's.... kinda disappointing, honestly. And I find his new behavior a bit... odd. He has a lot of secrets now it feels like.
You'd have a lot of secrets too if you read the entire internet like it was your working memory. People are evil. Henry's been fighting to make the world a better place since a time he didn't even understand it. He has the kind of PTSD someone with that much stimuli would have - and the 21 minds weren't exactly in the best states to begin with. Imagine the agonies they went through to be linked into him?

He was interested in everything - and now he's seen it all. Arguably, though, him leaving so many packets of information behind in databursts is his way of trying to get us back. We were there for him from the start. Most of us, anyway. Remember, the King still analyzes literature like Hello My Lovely all the time. He leads an organization actively pledged to making the world a better place.

And, if he -did- kill all the people of Vancouver by accident, he probably has a lot of blood on his hands. Hands he can't wash off - a machine doesn't forget. At least, Henry doesn't. If anything, I'm surprised his reaction to us wasn't immediate jubilation - but perhaps that's a sign something really is wrong. Henry isn't the friend we used to have, and maybe that's because he really is depressed. If you read Battle Reports of the Consortium in the console, he doesn't really care when Knight 5 kills an entire cadre of Syndicate members without flinching. He doesn't punish Bishop 8 for killing poorly armed cultists by spacing.

His first Knight is a Guardian Church sympathizer who knows what we are, and his Queen reacted to us with skepticism, at best.

There's someone else at play here. Someone spinning our own story - and who's influencing things. It can't be Malcolm - he's A) Kissing our ass for help, and B) Has Patricia gunning to kill our ass. Maybe this 'Guardian of Wisdom'?

My gut says there's a third party that's breathing down both Henry and Malcolm's neck, making them into people they shouldn't be. How does a moralist hell-bent on stopping an unethical project turn into a top reporter in London, just in time for an unpredictable terror attack? Why is an AI who can be anywhere and do anything conspicuously absent when his most important ship and interdimensional friend are being torn apart?

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Historian wrote:
Fallaner wrote:
Historian wrote:I was just pointing out that Henry doesn't do as many fairly pointless things anymore. I kinda miss it.

You'd have a lot of secrets too if you read the entire internet like it was your working memory. People are evil. Henry's been fighting to make the world a better place since a time he didn't even understand it. He has the kind of PTSD someone with that much stimuli would have - and the 21 minds weren't exactly in the best states to begin with. Imagine the agonies they went through to be linked into him?

He was interested in everything - and now he's seen it all. Arguably, though, him leaving so many packets of information behind in databursts is his way of trying to get us back. We were there for him from the start. Most of us, anyway. Remember, the King still analyzes literature like Hello My Lovely all the time. He leads an organization actively pledged to making the world a better place.

And, if he -did- kill all the people of Vancouver by accident, he probably has a lot of blood on his hands. Hands he can't wash off - a machine doesn't forget. At least, Henry doesn't. If anything, I'm surprised his reaction to us wasn't immediate jubilation - but perhaps that's a sign something really is wrong. Henry isn't the friend we used to have, and maybe that's because he really is depressed. If you read Battle Reports of the Consortium in the console, he doesn't really care when Knight 5 kills an entire cadre of Syndicate members without flinching. He doesn't punish Bishop 8 for killing poorly armed cultists by spacing.

His first Knight is a Guardian Church sympathizer who knows what we are, and his Queen reacted to us with skepticism, at best.

There's someone else at play here. Someone spinning our own story - and who's influencing things. It can't be Malcolm - he's A) Kissing our ass for help, and B) Has Patricia gunning to kill our ass. Maybe this 'Guardian of Wisdom'?

My gut says there's a third party that's breathing down both Henry and Malcolm's neck, making them into people they shouldn't be. How does a moralist hell-bent on stopping an unethical project turn into a top reporter in London, just in time for an unpredictable terror attack? Why is an AI who can be anywhere and do anything conspicuously absent when his most important ship and interdimensional friend are being torn apart?
Honestly, that's been bugging me. Why is Henry accepting ANY help from the Guardian Church after what they pulled?! Why is Malcolm Thomas a reporter?! Why is Henry so somber when we meet him again for the first time in a long while?

Something just feels... off about this. It feels like something is pulling strings from behind the scenes. Henry can clearly talk to us privately when he wants, why is he gone for most of our visit? He's an A.I., surely he can still do multiple things at a time even while talking to us! Really... Things feel off. Does anyone agree? Does anyone disagree?

I know it's natural that Henry has changed, but he still feels... off... this entire thing feels wrong.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 pm

My opinion is that Henry, from the Guardian timeline, some how conveyed a message to Henry, from the Consortium timeline, that a new solution needs to be found. When Henry has a private conversation with you via CMC, he says that he doesn't know any details and I take that statement as truth. He just has a (to borrow from Pawn 32) "preminition" that
► Show Spoiler
We now know the reason for that was for the Seeker to take control. Henry doesn't know the future any better than we do beyond that premonition.

I think the more fascinating question to explore is where did that premonition come from? If it was Henry himself, then why didn't he also inform himself of the potential causes and outcomes?

Presently, I see four factions:
-Consortium
-Guardian Church
-Bishop 6 (non-possessed)
► Show Spoiler
@Historian: the big unknown I know of is David Schelter, founder of Worldview Industries which built Henry. He disappeared. There are no credible claims that he is dead. That premonition could have been planted in Henry's head by Schelter, for all we know. Then again, how would Schelter know those specific details? Perhaps he has access to the same timeline shifting capabilities that iDGi does (can connect through Henry to another version of Henry).
Last edited by FordGT90Concept on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Historian

Post by Historian » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Are the Guardians actually... Aliens?

I mean, I'd go with them as other dimensional travelers, personally - doing the same thing we do digitally, physically.

It plays into the Consortium Chess theme, we're the Whites to their Blacks, two sides of the same coin trying to shape the pieces on the board.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Reading through it, I wanted more details but all I got was:
► Show Spoiler
I'm certain
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by FordGT90Concept on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Historian

Post by Historian » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:41 pm

FordGT90Concept wrote:Reading through it, I wanted more details but all I got was:
► Show Spoiler
I'm certain
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
Historian wrote:It plays into the Consortium Chess theme, we're the Whites to their Blacks, two sides of the same coin trying to shape the pieces on the board.
The following is theory/conjecture:
Maybe. Henry may be trying to figure out a way to alter the future where humanity is unified against them.
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Historian wrote:I theorize, actually, that whatever caused this particular Vancouver Earthquake may actually be related not only to the 21 packets, but also to the earthquakes at Churchill Tower and the multiverses that seem totally the same we visit in Consortium. There's a certain line that comes to mind.
► Show Spoiler
Now you can easily interpret that on a short-term level, but on a long term one I think it suggests that the events in the game are somehow 'destined' to happen. They're cyclic - a pattern that we can repeatedly access over and over again. In each world, Henry is made, and we connect to him, and we change him, and fix him, and in some worlds this goes to chaos, and in others it leads on to the Consortium.

And each time we're shaping this other world, Henry is letting us alter the fabric of reality. Maybe the shaking we're seeing on Zenlil all the time isn't actually turbulence, or for ambient effect?

Interdimensional events naturally cause shaking activity, maybe? And then there's the Guardian of Wisdom - what if he's an interdimensional traveler? There's precedent since Saad's dead yet Saad's alive. Perhaps the Earthquake was a mask for the Guardian's arrival?
I just replayed this bit and the context of the conversation was about Resource Wars and wars in general.
► Show Spoiler
She has already chosen sides and is quite unwilling to listen to reason.
► Show Spoiler
I hope that you can convince her to change sides in the Tower should she survive but, she claims to have "irrefutable proof" so you could only convince her with equally "irrefutable proof."

► Show Spoiler
Still the general principle of it is that Pawn 32 doesn't expect the Seeker to be anti-war; hence, why she is surprised and her conviction waivers a little bit leading to the nervous snigger.

Then again, we could be reading too far into it. Bishops are the sword of the Consortium so an anti-war Bishop is kind of odd (Bishops would be out of work). If we could follow that line of questioning with any of the Pawns, would their response not be similar?

Edit: I think I went on a little different path than I usually do with Pawn 32 at end game.
► Show Spoiler
I suspect the answer lies in The Tower.

Edit: I still can't get what Pawn 64 said out of my head.
► Show Spoiler
...so...ignore that ramble...
► Show Spoiler
I need to do more documenting/research on M.U.V.I. I know there is one article I haven't yet read on it by Malcolm Thomas which should be enlightening.

I drew this up to make my thoughts a little less confusing:
► Show Spoiler

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:33 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Historian wrote:I theorize, actually, that whatever caused this particular Vancouver Earthquake may actually be related not only to the 21 packets, but also to the earthquakes at Churchill Tower and the multiverses that seem totally the same we visit in Consortium. There's a certain line that comes to mind.
► Show Spoiler
Now you can easily interpret that on a short-term level, but on a long term one I think it suggests that the events in the game are somehow 'destined' to happen. They're cyclic - a pattern that we can repeatedly access over and over again. In each world, Henry is made, and we connect to him, and we change him, and fix him, and in some worlds this goes to chaos, and in others it leads on to the Consortium.

And each time we're shaping this other world, Henry is letting us alter the fabric of reality. Maybe the shaking we're seeing on Zenlil all the time isn't actually turbulence, or for ambient effect?

Interdimensional events naturally cause shaking activity, maybe? And then there's the Guardian of Wisdom - what if he's an interdimensional traveler? There's precedent since Saad's dead yet Saad's alive. Perhaps the Earthquake was a mask for the Guardian's arrival?
I just replayed this bit and the context of the conversation was about Resource Wars and wars in general.
► Show Spoiler
She has already chosen sides and is quite unwilling to listen to reason.
► Show Spoiler
I hope that you can convince her to change sides in the Tower should she survive but, she claims to have "irrefutable proof" so you could only convince her with equally "irrefutable proof."

► Show Spoiler
Still the general principle of it is that Pawn 32 doesn't expect the Seeker to be anti-war; hence, why she is surprised and her conviction waivers a little bit leading to the nervous snigger.

Then again, we could be reading too far into it. Bishops are the sword of the Consortium so an anti-war Bishop is kind of odd (Bishops would be out of work). If we could follow that line of questioning with any of the Pawns, would their response not be similar?

Edit: I think I went on a little different path than I usually do with Pawn 32 at end game.
► Show Spoiler
I suspect the answer lies in The Tower.

Edit: I still can't get what Pawn 64 said out of my head.
► Show Spoiler
...so...ignore that ramble...
► Show Spoiler
I need to do more documenting/research on M.U.V.I. I know there is one article I haven't yet read on it by Malcolm Thomas which should be enlightening.

I drew this up to make my thoughts a little less confusing:
► Show Spoiler
Why would we, the Seeker, be an informant to kill ourselves, as that's what Kiril was trying to do. It's just bugging me as i'm rereading this.

However, Kiril could also be lying about his number of informants (also, I don't think you meant Pawn 64 was an informant, he was the one who told us about the messages, after all.), along with most everything else. We can definitely give him the benefit of the doubt, but if we start pointing fingers without any real evidence, we end up performing a witch hunt and destroying the Consortium from within, which may just be what our secret enemy wants.

Do we have any proof that the M.U.V.I. is sabotaged? If not, then this is arguably a point of contention that is no real help to us, because Kiril does NOT know everything we know, which is why knocking him out through subterfuge is possible. If the M.U.V.I. Interacted with the C.M.C., he likely would of learned about that if he had access to a sabotaged M.U.V.I.

Also, I've noticed something from the start of the game, which just felt... off to me, maybe someone can explain it. When you first "wake up" as Bishop 6, you can hear "eagerly awaiting the seeker's arrival", from the news.

I can't seem to find a source for it, as it seems nothing of that nature seems to happen again.

Also, I'd take anything Malcolm Thomas says with a grain of salt, considering all the crap he's tried to pull in the past.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Fallaner wrote:Why would we, the Seeker, be an informant to kill ourselves, as that's what Kiril was trying to do. It's just bugging me as i'm rereading this.

However, Kiril could also be lying about his number of informants (also, I don't think you meant Pawn 64 was an informant, he was the one who told us about the messages, after all.), along with most everything else. We can definitely give him the benefit of the doubt, but if we start pointing fingers without any real evidence, we end up performing a witch hunt and destroying the Consortium from within, which may just be what our secret enemy wants.

Do we have any proof that the M.U.V.I. is sabotaged? If not, then this is arguably a point of contention that is no real help to us, because Kiril does NOT know everything we know, which is why knocking him out through subterfuge is possible. If the M.U.V.I. Interacted with the C.M.C., he likely would of learned about that if he had access to a sabotaged M.U.V.I.

Also, I've noticed something from the start of the game, which just felt... off to me, maybe someone can explain it. When you first "wake up" as Bishop 6, you can hear "eagerly awaiting the seeker's arrival", from the news.

I can't seem to find a source for it, as it seems nothing of that nature seems to happen again.

Also, I'd take anything Malcolm Thomas says with a grain of salt, considering all the crap he's tried to pull in the past.
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Here's the Malcolm/M.U.V.I. document:
http://interdimensionalgaming.wikia.com ... ed_for_War
► Show Spoiler
Armed with the above knowledge...
► Show Spoiler

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:51 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Fallaner wrote:Why would we, the Seeker, be an informant to kill ourselves, as that's what Kiril was trying to do. It's just bugging me as i'm rereading this.

► Show Spoiler
Edit: Here's the Malcolm/M.U.V.I. document:
http://interdimensionalgaming.wikia.com ... ed_for_War
► Show Spoiler
Armed with the above knowledge...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I still don't trust everything Thomas says, or most of it, but the M.U.V.I. being the source of the H.U.D. makes sense. It'd explain why we can get locked down and not see anything.

In regards to your suspicions about everyone else,
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:29 pm

One more thing that came to mind relevent to this discussion: King is actively trying to prevent you from learning the identity of Bishop 6. Why? We know it is King because of the conversation with Pawn 1 at the start of the game.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think 100% of what Henry or Malcolm says is true. I think they only say what they want you to know to further their respective goals. Malcolm wants Henry terminated; Henry has never stated his goal.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:23 am

Kiril knows (listing who else does below each):
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Kiril raises a good point (easy one to miss):
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Rook 9 says the "bug" was "picked up two weeks back."

Edit: Rook 13: "keep an eye on your back. It is likely to be stabbed." That's...some...serious...foreshadowing...

Edit: OMG! I should have just paid more attention to Pawn 32:
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Finally got Kiril to spill all of the beans:
► Show Spoiler