Early Access ALPHA 1.3 is now live. Includes Act 1 of 3 for the game, made up of 7 full environments including the rooftop for you to explore. 212121! viewforum.php?f=157

Game Breaking Bug: Not picking up BUS before Kiril only leads to failure

Post CONSORTIUM bug reports and any other technical issues here. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
FordGT90Concept
Flag: United States of America

Game Breaking Bug: Not picking up BUS before Kiril only leads to failure

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:05 pm

I mentioned this somewhere else but figured I should make it prominent here (really needs to be fixed).

I tried playing the game without ever picking up the BUS. It is doable via gassing Kiril and picking the correct traitor but the traitor, when pulling the gun, automatically fires at the player killing him/her. If you preempt the traitor by killing/knocking the traitor out first, the conversation that is supposed to occur keeps going and, at the same time, the ending conversation also plays. This can cause the game to crash; if it doesn't crash, the game still can't progress because either Rook 25 is blocking the door or, if you got out, you can't insert the chip to fix the virus.

I believe that the BUS is missing from the locker after you're locked into Mission Operations for Kiril. I loaded a previous save to try to grab the BUS before encountering the traitor and it wasn't there.

I think the best solution is to require the player has the BUS before getting locked in Mission Operations. That way all of the options are available going into the first confrontation.

I'm not sure if I have the save still or not but it is easy enough to reproduce.
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Re: Game Breaking Bug: Not picking up BUS before Kiril only leads to failure

Post by GreatBird » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 pm

These issues will be fixed in the next version for sure (v1.26)
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

FordGT90Concept
Flag: United States of America

Re: Game Breaking Bug: Not picking up BUS before Kiril only leads to failure

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Yay! That's the only game breaking bug I found that can't be fixed by loading a recent save.

How did you address it, if you don't mind telling? Does it just automatically equip the BUS? Or did you fix the traitor weirdness? If you fixed the traitor weirdness, how do you prevent Bishop from jumping without the BUS? Play The Tower with Freefall Suit? Or was that implied all along? I always took the BUS with me in addition to the Freefall Suit. Come to think of it, the BUS shouldn't even fit in the PCU. XD
► Show Spoiler