Consortium: The Tower Early Access ALPHA 1.5 is live. Lots of bug fixes and general gameplay and content improvements and polish. Estimated amount of gameplay for Act 1 is 15-20 hours viewforum.php?f=157

EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by GreatBird » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:19 am

NOTE: the following build is now available via syncing to the Steam beta "alphatest".

Early Access ALPHA 1.4 (Rev #4778)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

-There is a known crash that can happen when using “streaming doors” near and around the Park and LowerRooms. We are zeroing in on the cause….

-There remains an issue with Elon not rendering (as in, being completely invisible) when coming back to him to complete his mission. We would very much like to know if this occurs for you - please remember details as to what route you took to reach him if you can!

BIG UPDATE

[Update] There are now 50 Steam achievements that are possible to trigger!

UPDATES

[Update] Removed some save spheres in and around the park for now - this is temporary to help avoid trigger a known saved game issue.
[Update] Important shield upgrade balancing fixes and value changes.
[Update] There are now digital clocks in various spots throughout the gameworld, helps to convey the truly “real-time” nature of the game.
[Update] Hotel Lobby lighting and geometry polish
[Update] FRONT-END: There is now a Control Sensitivity option in the options menu.
[Update] Another elevator on the roof is now accessible, requiring a Red Transponder...
[Update] Added fog FX for when underwater.
[Update] Updated some particles for the Water Hub area so several fans should be much more clear now as to where and how they are blowing.
[Update] Disabled a few spotlights in topExt that had been set to cast shadows, even though they didn't really cast any shadows anywhere.
[Update] Significantly reduced the amount of ammo required for Elon's mission
[Update] Latest HUD fixes and improvements: misaligned career record, sub objective fixes, new objective markers and minor message note changes. Agitation meter scale and positioning improvements.
[Update] Dramatically lowered automatic healing and repairing activation/deactivation values that were preventing players from properly having control over managing health and utility.
[Update] Added way more nanite crystals to B--E_LowerRoomsToPark_Transition
[Update] Placed Park spire-tops in TopExt to improve geometric consistency between levels.
[Update] The player can now press 'Escape' to quit out of the options menu
[Update] It should now be a little bit easier for the player to charge a super jump while falling in the air.
[Update] Replaced nearly all the destructible glass in the Hotel Lobby with static meshes
[Update] Armor health upgrading no longer possible. No longer required for the final balancing plan.
[Update] Turned off physics on some of the Lobby benches so they aren't tossed around so easily by the patrolling AI.
[Update] Started optimizing the Park - not completed yet, but there are some performance improvements.
[Update] Removed unnecessary ladder in TTCore that was causing major player navigation frustrations - oops, the nanites ate it.

FIXES

[Fix] Fixed a major issue introduced in Early Access Alpha 1.3 that caused a whole ton of fans to no longer spin.
[Fix] Fixed erroneous water volume potentially being in TTCore before WaterHub1b streams out.
[Fix] Fixes case where it was possible for a bunch of turrets in LowerRooms to not be activated.
[Fix] Attempted fixes to The Voice to prevent the rare bug of it “sort of” killing the player. Please report if this occurs for you after this version!
[Fix] Fixes to turrets - should no longer appear to be “shooting blanks”.
[Fix] Fixed a ton more “invisible wall” geometry that was in the Lobby. (special thx to FordGTConcept for the real-time help on this during a development Twitch stream!!)
[Fix] Fixed streaming and respawning ammo containers issue in LowerRooms (thx to Andre Zadrazil)
[Fix] FRONT-END: The FOV slider now properly saves.
[Fix] Level surgery performed on water pipe maze to keep it out of the way of an elevator shaft.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where the wind intensity in TopExt wouldn't properly shift after saving/loading or leaving and returning to the level
[Fix] ISS 193 "R25 - "The Freefall Suit" now properly triggers if the player imports a game.
[Fix] A broken newscaster line fixed.
[Fix] Fixed S.O.S. scene logic break that happened in Darsie/R3 talk
[Fix] Replaced Voice “robot voice” in first Voice conversation with recorded V.O
[Fix] “Talk Anywhere” tutorial will no longer fire before scripted/story conversations.
[Fix] Fixed missing geometry near hotel elevators in LowerRooms.
[Fix] Lobby level streaming much improved - should no longer see parts of the world shutting off/on when exploring Lobby (if you DO trigger such a thing, please tell us/show us a video of where).
[Fix] Fixed HUD marker showing the incorrect location of Odin’s “chest”
[Fix] Fixed a bug where Preben wouldn't speak with you if you had engaged in combat in the lobby, and then talked his soldiers down.
[Fix] Fixed various issues with WaterHub streaming doors not functioning correctly and sometimes failing outright.
[Fix] Some minor geometric fixes to TT Core and Water Hub. Making navigation slightly easier and reducing the number of misplaced objects. Some additional lighting near a door.
[Fix] Fixed an old bug where ladders would make (and sometimes loudly repeat) the sound of the player turning off their freefall suit when hopping onto them.
[Fix] The CEAR laser's sounds now have proper attenuation.
[Fix] Fixed bug where the 212121 room would not be marked on Save/Load.
[Fix] Added a few more precautions to water to prevent the Mix Modifier from lingering once you exited the water.
[Fix] Fixed a bug with the Multi-boost B.U.S. upgrade. No longer should the player be required to press and hold jump in the air to activate it.
[Fix] Fixed the geometry around the transition between the TT Core and Water Hub 1B.
[Fix] Fixed several vent buttons in Lower Rooms that had broken when splitting up the level during the recent optimization pass.
[Fix] Realigned several options menu items to be sorted much cleaner.
[Fix] Changed the Nanite Fragment trigger volume from a sphere to a box. Fixes being able to erroneously trigger fragment logic from underneath them, through the ceiling/floor.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where saving and loading would mess around with nonstandard jump input
[Fix] Player crouching and landing impacts are now no longer tied to framerate.
[Fix] The rooftop elevator and glass hallways now correctly align with each other.
[Fix] All instances of erroneous level geometry loading should be gone now. We’ve revamped how the streaming volumes are controlled and it’s much cleaner now.
[Fix] Fixed bad nanite collision that was causing some areas with a lot of nanite crystrals to be hard to navigate or even inaccessible
[Fix] Fixed one of the power switches in Hotel Tower 3 so that it now properly shuts down a fan.
[Fix] Made some of the ledges in Hotel Tower 3 easier to climb up.
[Fix] Removed some debug objects - a KAR in Hotel Tower 3 and a stealth node in the park.
[Fix] Several small geometric fixes in the Water Hub
[Fix] Fixed a few convo manager topics that could be skipped by saving and loading, therefore screwing up execution. They are now placed on save/load timers in the Psi Master.
[Fix] Fixed a logic error where the soldier wouldn't show up in the Icer scene when he should, and would show up when he shouldn't.
[Fix] Fixed a bug with initiating conversation with combatant NPCs that prevented valid player responses from showing up.
[Fix] Adjusted some snow geometry in TopExt to make a doorway easier to move through.
[Fix] Adjusted a ladder in TopExt to make it easier to climb.
[Fix] Delays in the player's super jump activation are now retriggerable. This should prevent players from accientally triggering a super jump if their jumps are timed in the right rhythm.
[Fix] Fixed a small area in the water hub where the player could ledge grab up and stand in a ceiling area.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

spencerpo
Consortium Officer
Flag: United States of America

Re: (alphatest) EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by spencerpo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks for fixing so much and adding more neat features to the game, I love the replay value you put into the tower, and it's only getting better, keep up the good work!

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am

It crashed not giving any information in the reporter but my behavior suggests clicking "What Happened?" triggered it while logs suggest the bots might be responsible.

Edit: PCU Alternations convo is still repeatable.
Attachments
what_happened_crash.zip
(133.48 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 pm

12/18 alphatest

-Sensitivity still isn't saving/loading. Also would be nice if it showed two digits instead of one (like 1.35).

-I also had one time where the super jump erroneously charged.

-"No Ammo" flashing after equipping KAR is referring to grenades. It should probably say "No Grenades" instead of "No Ammo."

-So all of these are on the path to the backdoor to Famosa...
  1. The fan which usually sucks you into the first drop down wasn't spinning/sucking.
  2. If you save and load at the point under the solar panels, the switch no longer works to toggle the fan on/off. Additionally, the fan isn't spinning and isn't lethal if you go in there in this state.
  3. Eventually you get to a fork where left takes you to the elevator shaft and right takes you to Famosa.
    1. Left:
      1. I went down via the duct, breaking the grills as I went. Upon reaching the bottom, I saw the switch but left it alone.
      2. I ventured out into the elevator shaft, picked up the artifact, and noted a slit where the wall doesn't meet the floor in the corner:
        ► Show Spoiler
      3. Noted I couldn't get out of this area with the BUS. I had to switch to the FFS to get back up to the platform where the duct is I came from.
      4. I used the switch which, as I assumed, blew me up. The part I didn't plan on is getting killed. Pretty sure I had the FFS on with no shields (moved them to the BUS which I didn't have equipped because I had to use the FFS to get back up there).
    2. Right: Uneventful until Famosa:
      1. Famosa subtitles said "brutal criminal" but I think I heard him leave out "brutal" in the voice over.
      2. Supposedly Famosa hacked your CMC yet he sounds like a disembodied voice rather than a CMC voice. I think he should be made a CMC character (with the CMC audio filter) in this instance selling the dialog that he hacked the CMC network.
Edit: I started a new game, surrendered to Elon and the first time ever, I survived the encounter with Malcolm; however, my victory parade was short lived because I left the Famosa/Malcolm area via the Water Tunnels and when I finally found an exit, I couldn't get out of the water: https://youtu.be/800byiqqaKc

Edit: Started my attempt at murdering the everything and I was killed (armor damage: 3500, health damage: 71849) by The Voice or one of his thrown chairs: https://youtu.be/RXsi2b66Fx0

Started again and it crashed with the inventory open: https://youtu.be/AP87TL4NaMk
inventory_crash.zip
(82.58 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 am

Hotel Rooms, I think after you get off the yellow elevator, it would be running straight from there through the walls (have to go around to actually get there):
► Show Spoiler
Rooftop, plate under snow:
► Show Spoiler
There's some issues with the Ellen/Franky convo with Voice. I think the voice overs made sense but the subtitles were confusing.

Surrogate CEARs were worth 35 engineering points each. 8|

Surrogates, except Franky, had nothing on them. I ended up going into the tower to acquire more KAR ammo from Odin's squad.

I stumbled upon the room in the Hotel Rooms that "Can't Exit Water" video taken above was in. Knowing that water is a one-way path for me, I decided to turn around and leave through the door and it gave the typical bRegistered crash.
hotel_rooms_water_bRegistered.zip
(367.26 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 pm

There's a plethora of issues in Hotel Rooms (other than the crash). Here's some of them...

This is in the ducts near the elevator on the second floor. The hole in the floor in the distance goes to the hatch on the first floor. There's a gap between the duct and the hatch:
► Show Spoiler
I'm looking at/standing next to an invisible counter or object here. Pretty sure the surface is curved:
► Show Spoiler
Same area as above, standing next to the invisible collision. More importantly, in this picture, the KAR ammo here spawns repeatedly (microexplosive 15 shots each):
► Show Spoiler
Traffic jam either on the second floor going into the hotel rooms proper from where that save location used to be in the corner. The door kind of broke too. The door fixed itself but I ended up going around that group via ducts because only way through them would be to kill them:
► Show Spoiler
Here's a video of rushing to two problematical hatches. You can also see some streaming glitches (doors open before streaming is done). At the end, I tried to replicate the bRegistered crash and it didn't happen:
https://youtu.be/S-bu5wRdS7Y
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm

I failed to get this save to reproduce bRegistered via Bathroom but it reliably produces bRegistered attempting to go through the door to the Park (same door that was trouble previously).
https://youtu.be/YHdGuMJp0T4
Attachments
bRegistered_save.zip
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
bRegistered_crash.zip
(104.82 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:30 am

Guy running GTX 1080 Ti with 3 x 1920x1080 monitors said "consortium [demo] crashes upon application of my 5760x1080 resolution." Apparently he got it working but the UI stretches badly:
► Show Spoiler
Demo doesn't have an FOV slider. In alpha 1.4. the FOV slider isn't saved/loaded (doesn't even appear in GameSettings.ini). FOV # command works in the interim. Using FOV command:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 am

Bugs.......

Sorry the photos displayed last to first. I thought they would display in the order I uploaded them.

Also, the map was not working so it is hard for me to give exact locations.
Attachments
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_47 AM.png
nice little secret access there ;)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_47 AM.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1703 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_55 AM.png
I was now able to go in this area. Thanks for the fix. :)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_33_55 AM.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1703 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 4_02_19 AM.png
Getting very low FPS here. I had it drop down to 1 and the game froze repeatedly in this area. It is the entrance to the Tower core.
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 4_02_19 AM.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_45_16 AM.png
Objects are occasionally still falling through this areas ceiling/floor( reported this before) when you jump in the crawl space above. It only happened once this time. the rest of the time I was able to go there and not fall through the floor. I really have to remember the floors numbers! It is the floor you get to with Elon's key card.
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_45_16 AM.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_27 AM.png
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_27 AM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_16 AM.png
same tunnel with gap- exit
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_16 AM.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_35 AM.png
same tunnel
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_35 AM.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_09 AM.png
Gap in tunnel to floor below
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_50_09 AM.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_51 AM.png
hallway next to the turrets and elevator(for location identification)
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_51 AM.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1705 times
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_59 AM.png
In this area right next to the elevator the turrets dont attack?
The Tower (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5) 12_21_2017 3_40_59 AM.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1705 times

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 pm

water in TT core and Hotel bug

https://youtu.be/3re1CUt6mFs

Berathraben
Consortium Officer

Post by Berathraben » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm

The location of the gap in the venting ducts/ maintenance tunnels ( minute 7:52.) I got turned a round a bit so the video is longer than I wanted. But I got some other things recorded. The turrets not attacking being one and the severe lag when I use elevators and open the entrance to the TT core shaft and the Thames water plant. There are a few instances of this in the recording for the elevators....as well as my weapon hotkeys not working. As of this video the turret issues have been fixed for the next update. (thank you GreatBird). And the gun issue was a known one that is related to the water in the TT core bug.

https://youtu.be/m-lKJx_Fr2w?t=7m52s

FordGT90Concept

Re: EA Alpha 1.4 bugs, comments, suggestions!

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 am

Friendly reminder that the current bRegistered bug on entering the Park appears to be related to "BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:BndEvtRamaSave_K2Node_ComponentBoundEvent_24_RamaSaveFirstSpawnSignatureDelegateSignature"

Code: Select all

LogScript:Warning: Script call stack:
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:BndEvtRamaSave_K2Node_ComponentBoundEvent_24_RamaSaveFirstSpawnSignatureDelegateSignature
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BPs_Doors_ModularDoor
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:CEv: Construction Code
-Function /Game/TheTower/BPs/LvlPrefab/Doors/BPs_Doors_ModularDoor.BPs_Doors_ModularDoor_C:ExecuteUbergraph_BPs_Doors_ModularDoor
► Show Spoiler

Tomato78
Consortium Officer
Flag: Russia

Post by Tomato78 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:24 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 pm
12/18 alphatest

Edit: I started a new game, surrendered to Elon and the first time ever, I survived the encounter with Malcolm; however, my victory parade was short lived because I left the Famosa/Malcolm area via the Water Tunnels and when I finally found an exit, I couldn't get out of the water: https://youtu.be/800byiqqaKc
Unfortunately, if you could go up through this tube, you would enter a room with a strange door which cannot be open. Think there's some bug, developers should know.

Tomato78
Consortium Officer

Post by Tomato78 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:00 pm

About suggetions. You changed a whole HUD, but not subtitles. Do you plan to change their style? It was a pure hell in first game, and it looks not natural here.

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator

Post by GreatBird » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Tomato: We will fix that area around the tub, for sure. re, subtitles: we have made some improvements to how they work since the first game. It's unclear to me what issues you're having with them. We know there are still issues when multiple people are talking at once. But is there something else that bothers you about the current subtitles?
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

Tomato78
Consortium Officer

Post by Tomato78 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 am

GreatBird wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm
Tomato: We will fix that area around the tub, for sure. re, subtitles: we have made some improvements to how they work since the first game. It's unclear to me what issues you're having with them. We know there are still issues when multiple people are talking at once. But is there something else that bothers you about the current subtitles?
Yea, you was right, i was worried about subtitiles when many people speaking.
What else - When person speak, subtitles don't appear at once. They are animating and expanding from 1 string to 2,3 or 4. It looks a bit old, i don't know how it can be callled.
Maybe it's better to make them appear at once?
► Show Spoiler

omgalof
Consortium Officer
Flag: Brazil

Post by omgalof » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:39 am

water pathway blocked by some part to the map that probably should not have loaded.
► Show Spoiler
the save in question is here:
universe3.zip
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
the game log file is on the .zip as well

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Janitor: Hotel Park doesn't appear to be triggering. I attached the save. I know of about 8 low-value items and one dropped gun that are out of reach. I also know I couldn't collect the turret debris from the two high-up turrets because good luck finding it all down below amongst the grass.
Attachments
janitor-park-save.zip
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Janitor: Hotel Interior doesn't appear to be triggering. Attached save. Stuff has fallen out of the world and there's a lot of issues with cabinets: stuff fallen through the bottom of them to the floor where they're not accessible, stuff behind locked cabinets, and stuff behind cabinet doors with streaming issues.

Edit: Turret AI seems to be broken in this save too.
Attachments
janitor-rooms-save.zip
(3.32 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
► Show Spoiler

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 am

Janitor: Hotel Lobby...so many objects out of reach and some are infinitely respawning.

The achievement for killing all of Odin's squad should have fired too but it didn't. This save should have all of them dead.
Attachments
janitor-lobby-save.zip
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
► Show Spoiler