Early Access ALPHA 1.0 is now live. A total of 7 interconnected levels to play around in and post your thoughts! viewforum.php?f=157

How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower?

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
PeteDelkus
Consortium Officer
Flag: United States of America

How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower?

Post by PeteDelkus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Personally, I discovered CONSORTIUM when it was free for a limited time on steam and instantly fell in love with it. When I found out they were going to start a Kickstarter for the sequel, I was on board instantly. EVen though it didn't go as planned, im psyched to be a super-backer!

How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower? Tell us in the comments!
"What do you mean comic sans is an ugly font? It's what this country was built upon!" -A Wise Philosopher

Fallaner

Re: How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower?

Post by Fallaner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm

I found out about Consortium shortly after it's steam launch. One of it's first steam buyers I think also.

I then learned about the ARG/Experience thingy and then played it until I couldn't figure it out anymore (then eventually used the document they released to catch myself up on what I missed.).

Then eventually saw the announcement when it was posted, then started trying to save money for whenever the kickstarter went up. I unfortunately wasn't able to save up for ALL that I wanted (because, being a kid who sees more releases of stuff they want, went out and bought more stuff) for the launch, but was able to fund at an acceptable over 200USD level!

So, long story short: I learned about it through finding Consortium after the steam release, falling in love with it, trying out ARG/Experience (reading the discoveries document when I later couldn't figure out all of it, like a substantial time later.), then hearing about it when they announced The Tower.

"Sing with me a song, of silence and blood,
The Rain falls, but can't wash away the mud,
Within my ancient dwells, madness and pride,
Can no one, hear my cry?"

I change profile images sometimes.

4onen
Consortium Officer

Post by 4onen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:08 pm

I got CONSORTIUM in a Humble Bundle. Got sucked in really quickly, especially with lots of time to read the discoveries docs. (Hah, those were the days. Ages ago.) Later, the announcement of the tower came out. It was a no-brainer for me to support this universe. It's the perfect level of science fantasy and science fiction for me to suspend my disbelief, on top of the awesomeness of a strong-AI character in the background that _isn't necessarily good or evil._

BishopSix
Consortium Officer
Flag: Great Britain

Post by BishopSix » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:11 pm

I stumbled upon it while looking through the steam store one day. It appealed to me straight away.

Matt
Consortium Officer

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 pm

I found Consortium as a recommended title by the Steam Curator "Choices and Consequences".

And I heard about Consortium: The Tower (Prophecy) in Consortium :P
Is this the only video game in history where you play as literally yourself?

Marcus_de_Tycho
Consortium Bishop
Flag: Czech Republic

Post by Marcus_de_Tycho » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 am

I'm an original backer of the first Consortium and I've discovered it thanks to Kickstarter's "Recommended for you" functionality. I was backing a lot of videogames back in 2013 so I've backed some interesting concept called Consortium including collector's Special Edition DVD. And I'm a true fan since than. Gregory knows... ;)
Founder and Leader of the Czech videogame translation group RPGcestiny (cestiny = czech localisation packages)

Psychophobe
Consortium Officer

Post by Psychophobe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:48 am

I missed the free weekend and bought the game from STEAM on the Monday after, but couldn't play it for a few weeks until I had a new sLaptop with a proper graphics card.
It's the only game that I am actually inclined to follow the emails / topics / Kickstarter closely and see how it progresses. Figners crossed Fig works out.

orb
Consortium Officer
Flag: Poland

Post by orb » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:39 am

If you asked about CONSORTIUM (Game One), then I'd say from the Steam Greenlight, where I voted for it and then waited patiently a few months for it being finally Greenlit. About "The Tower (Prophecy)" I lheard from the Steam community hub of the CONSORTIUM. :P

Pyroet
Consortium Officer
Flag: France

Post by Pyroet » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 am

I discover it on a website : Nofrag.com
Et toi, si je te fous le feu, tu hurles ?

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:31 am

Consortium: Saw it for sale at GOG and Steam. Bought it from GOG first and latter Steam because I intend to achievement hunt.

The Tower Prophecy: It was mentioned to me in an email reporting bugs to the developer, I believe. Then I signed up for the newsletter.
Last edited by FordGT90Concept on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:37 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:Saw it for sale at GOG and Steam. Bought it from GOG first and latter Steam because I intend to achievement hunt.
Ah, achievement hunting. I honestly never understood the appeal.

Some of them seem like kinda pointless challenges just for the sake of it, they don't add much to the gameplay.

Achievements for other routes, sure I'll go for those (I like seeing things), but I don't get some pointless achievements in some games.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:41 am

Achivements are a good way to know if you're missing content. The way morality works in this game and the divergence of the plot, there's a lot of them.

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 am

FordGT90Concept wrote:Achivements are a good way to know if you're missing content. The way morality works in this game and the divergence of the plot, there's a lot of them.
But in my opinion, Achievements are sometimes just pointless things that are just... there.

I don't see the point of them sometimes.

SCAgent
Consortium Officer
Flag: Greece

Post by SCAgent » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:53 am

I found out about Consortium randomly by a RockPaperShotgun article.
Been a fan ever since! :D

Fallaner

Post by Fallaner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54 am

Actually I may have to revise how I learned about Consortium

I have vague memories of playing the ARG from a LONG time ago (to me, at least), before I played Consortium. I just never got very far and then forgot about it! THEN eventually learned about Consortium, went and played ARG after playing Consortium, read discoveries because I still didn't get far into it.

Then read the The Tower announcements (back when it was called 'The Tower Prophecy' I still have that image saved somewhere.)

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 am

Fallaner wrote:But in my opinion, Achievements are sometimes just pointless things that are just... there.

I don't see the point of them sometimes.
Oh, I agree. For example, Costume Quest 2 has an achivement to honk a clown horn 1000 times. Really? Why? I like achievements that makes you see and do things you would have missed otherwise (Consortium has a lot of those). I don't like achievements that make you do frivilous things. If there's a lot of frivilous achievements, I generally won't achievement hunt.

Mykll

Post by Mykll » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 pm

I somehow missed the first game. But for The Tower, I think one day I was bored on Kickstarter, selected Games, and just did Load More... Load More... Load More..... Eventually took a look in here and figured I'd back it.
Computer Specs:
► Show Spoiler

CyberByte727
Consortium Officer
Flag: Ireland

Post by CyberByte727 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:16 am

I bought Consortium on Steam when it was on sale not so long ago. It's the kind of game that appeals to me, Deux Ex style gameplay with branching conversation trees, a mix of strategy and action. As soon as I saw it mentioned on Steam that the team were looking for backers for the sequel I was in. I've not had much success with crowdfunding games for PC so far, but hopefully this time will be better. The team's vision of what The Tower will be is very appealing, and I can't wait to see it realised.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Belmont1
Consortium Officer

Post by Belmont1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:22 am

I started recently to write a bimensual column about noteworthy video games projects on crowdfunding platforms for a french video games press website. So I browse all projects on kickstarter, indiegogo and fig. And fortunately, Consortium The Tower happened to be in the selection of my first article :D I hope I'll be able to say in a future article that Consortium succeeded on fig, and I'll be mentioning it again when it's released there ! I already said in the last entry (still not released) that you'll return on fig, just couldn't add the date (and can't' anymore !)
It's not a huge website, but that's still something :p

Eclipsiste
Consortium Officer

Post by Eclipsiste » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:22 am

Pyroet wrote:I discover it on a website : Nofrag.com
Nofrag as well... and in the great French gaming magazine: Canard PC.