Early Access ALPHA 1.0 is now live. A total of 7 interconnected levels to play around in and post your thoughts! viewforum.php?f=157

How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower?

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
Anamon
Consortium Officer
Flag: Switzerland

Re: How did you hear about CONSORTIUM: The Tower?

Post by Anamon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:43 pm

I became aware of it through the GOG.com campaign to draw some more attention to the Kickstarter.

I had known about the first game since it was released, just from regular press and trying to keep up-to-date a little on new releases that might interest me. Unfortunately, I've had way too little time to play all those games lately, so Consortium just kind of sat on my to-play list forever, and it's still there.

When I followed the link to the Tower Kickstarter, I read a bit more about what the first game did, and backed immediately after seeing the Tower's pitch video. It's a lot of the things I'm really looking for in games these days. So the plan is to get in on the Fig campaign, too, and dive into the ARG and first game, and hopefully having explored them a little before the Tower is finished :)

PeteDelkus
Consortium Officer
Flag: United States of America

Post by PeteDelkus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Belmont1 wrote:I started recently to write a bimensual column about noteworthy video games projects on crowdfunding platforms for a french video games press website. So I browse all projects on kickstarter, indiegogo and fig. And fortunately, Consortium The Tower happened to be in the selection of my first article :D I hope I'll be able to say in a future article that Consortium succeeded on fig, and I'll be mentioning it again when it's released there ! I already said in the last entry (still not released) that you'll return on fig, just couldn't add the date (and can't' anymore !)
It's not a huge website, but that's still something :p
What's the site? I'd love to check it out.
"What do you mean comic sans is an ugly font? It's what this country was built upon!" -A Wise Philosopher

sechastain
Consortium Knight
Flag: United States of America

Post by sechastain » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:11 am

A long, long time ago, in a century before this one, I fell in love with a game, Total Annihilation, and a game studio, Cavedog Entertainment.

I was a bigger fan still of a new game in development entitled, AMEN: The Awakening
https://youtu.be/tIM1TMTX3a0
It was a story driven FPS with numerous ways of playing the game - maverick, stealth, diplomat, etc

I was a huge fan, super active on the forums, and helped run a fan-site called cavenews.com

Eventually, I made contact with a number of the design and development staff, did interviews, got some promotional swag.

Then, around the start of 2000, it all started to come undone. It was my first Firefly.

I kept in touch with a bit of the staff over the years - some more than others. Watched a guy go on to have a hand in making some Harry Potter games and Lord of the Rings Online. Helped him convert some graphic assets from the Cavedog days from their proprietary format into jpgs. Threw some cash at him whenever I had the opportunity. Family life and the day job kept me from pitching in more - though I really wanted to.

Then, one day, I hear there's a kickstarter. I had already supported one AMEN alum with Planetary Annihilation - OF COURSE, I throw money at this game without a second though. I see more than a few old Cavedog names doing the same. Lots of memories of good times as just some college kid with a computer, a browser, a dream, and some games.

So, it's been a lot of fun, being here nearly 20 years later, watching a guy living the dream. Makes this super fan happy :)

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Post by GreatBird » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:35 pm

VERY cool to see you here, Spencer (sechastain), after all this time!!
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

diss3cted
Consortium Officer
Flag: Austria

Post by diss3cted » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:09 am

Interestingly enough I cannot remember how the original Consortium found its way into my library. Was it a steam sale? Must have been something like that. Then it lurked there for quite some time until I was simply bored and tried it out - sometime in spring 2015.

Albeit too short, it was a unique experience which got me hooked on that concept and the characters.

But since I joined in on the fun so late, I didn't have to wait for long for details on the The Tower plans, etc.pp.