Early Access ALPHA 1.3 is now live. Includes Act 1 of 3 for the game, made up of 7 full environments including the rooftop for you to explore. 212121! viewforum.php?f=157

EA Alpha 1.3 Bugs! Comments! Discussions!

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

EA Alpha 1.3 Bugs! Comments! Discussions!

Post by GreatBird » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 am

Early Access ALPHA 1.3 (Rev #4681)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG UPDATES

[Update] The “iDGi-1 ending tunnels” now have content! Find an iDGi-1 tunnel (there are 13 of them to be found in the current build…) and walk to the end of them to experience a taste of things to come. This also fixes a major issue where the game would appear to “hang in blackness” at the end of iDGi-1 tunnels.
[Update] The “TTCore” level has received a major art pass. A ton of new art and lighting improvements to be found throughout the environment.
[Update] Still in the experimental stage: we’ve implemented a pickup system (temporarily assigned to the 'B' key by default). Pick up any physics ready body or a prop in the world and carry it around with you! Once kinks have been worked out, this will be integrated into the context sensitive “use” button.

UPDATES

[Update] FOV slider. Accessible via the front-end, this allows you to set your Field of View from 70 to 120. 90 remains the default.
[Update] New cheats! Toggle console command “InfiniteAmmo” (UnlimitedAmmo, TIA, TUA) to give the KAR, Shotgun, and Strommon infinite ammo. Also “GiveItemEMs” (Gives 50 Engineering Materials).
[Update] Alignment for all primary "good guy" characters now change when XO-1 occurs
[Update] Slightly lowered maximum fall damage possible with fully powered shock absorbers.
[Update] Per feedback, dramatically increased the "waffle" times for when the player is out of sight of the AI. Result is the agitation/tension will increase dramatically slower for players generally staying out of sight of the AI. If you announce your intentions to talk and then stay out of sight, it will take a full hour for a squad tension meter to rise one point.
[Update] The player is now a bit more maneuverable in the water! The minimum swim speed has been increased from 0 to .2. If you want to back up or slightly adjust your position, that's now far easier.
[Update] Per feedback, we’ve restored a previously removed additional way into the “212121” area where The Voice encounter happens.
[Update] Can now scan the strangely inactive turrets in the TTCore.
[Update] The Frank McFranky encounter now ALWAYS happens when entering the final Upper WaterHub room.
[Update] Fixed automap so that it doesn't give away the secret door/wall in TTCore.
[Update] Major optimization pass performed on interior Hotel floors. Big performance gains.
[Update] Various art and lighting improvements to Hotel Lobby.
[Update] Enemy status indicators now conform to new HUD style.
[Update] All physics enabled recyclables now make simple sounds when they make physical contact with something. If a player drops a physics recyclable, it will make sounds as well.
[Update] A series of level design changes were made to the WaterHub to avoid geometric conflict with the bottom of the Lobby level.
[Update] Lobby performance improvements. Still more to come on this front (the Lobby is an insane level…). Also, known issue: you may experience “flickering on/off” of parts of the Lobby - if this occurs for you, kindly consider sending us screenshots of precisely where it happens?
[Update] Updated some of the lighting in TopExt to help navigation.
[Update] Red robots now appear quicker in the S.O.S scene, if the player is XO-1.
[Update] Red robots now always spawn in the S.O.S scene if the player is XO-1, even if the player walks away.
[Update] The secondary light of the flashlight has been buffed to 10% power instead of 5% power.
[Update] Adjusted some of the window glass and snow storm effects in the Hotel Lower rooms.
[Update] Doubled projectile movement for KAR, Strommon, and Shotgun rounds.
[Update] Modified standard talk anywhere in TopExt and the Hotel, so an NPC will no longer be able to talk to you if they haven't noticed you. They will still be alerted to your presence via sound, though.
[Update] Overhaul of the system for talking down a squad actively in combat. Players now have a chance to talk down all squads from a combat state.
[Update] Yellow transponder removed from Lobby mercs - transponder is no longer required for elevator going back up to the roof from the Lobby.
[Update] Mercs inside the hotel now have a little more to say when you talk with them.
[Update] General lighting improvements in several areas of the world
[Update] “Find Odin” mission now turns off its indicator when the player enters the Hotel Lobby.
[Update] Removed requirement for the Rooftop squad to be dealt with to get the S.O.S mission notification.
[Update] The Superjump tutorial is now a Primary Tutorial, not a secondary tutorial, ensuring that it will always trigger for new players.
[Update] There are now several more Flashlight tutorial trigger zones. It should be pretty difficult now to miss one of them, especially when leaving TopExt.

FIXES

[Fix] Some changes to how “talk anywhere” lines work - though we are having difficulty replicating some of the reported issues with this. Please reach out to us if you still encounter issues with talking to the combatants/”bad-guys”.
[Fix] Fixed multiple vents in HotelTower3 that had holes open to the void. Thx to @Harlock discord user for the heads up and screenshot!
[Fix] Various fixes to the Icer scene.
[Fix] Corrected a scripting error where sometimes a very casual soldier would spawn for the icer scene after everyone had been eliminated in TopExt.
[Fix] Fixed a bug in the Hotel Talk Anywhere Scripting where the player would have to say a line twice to get an NPC to properly respond.
[Fix] Incorrect robot voice removed from elon convo
[Fix] Logic flaw in convo with Ellen/Franky fixed
[Fix] Broken/missing Odin's henchman line fixed
[Fix] Lowered the clamped move speed for elevators and made some logic changes to how they work. It should now be significantly harder for players to jump and fly out of elevators while they are moving.
[Fix] Fixes to healing and repairing tutorials.
[Fix] Fixed a ton of “invisible walls” in the Lobby. Should be all gone now...
[Fix] Fixes to completing the Elon gear mission
[Fix] Fixed a bug where if the player pulled the an Assault Blaster from a chest, they wouldn't get the dialogue about it.
[Fix] Dead bodies in the TTCore level will no longer start out as zombies before falling.
[Fix] Squad leaders should no longer spawn mysteriously injured after loading a saved game.
[Fix] Fixed some phantom collision in TopExt.
[Fix] Fixed turtled turrets that could be seen poking through ceilings - those turrets should no longer turtle. Please let us know if you find turrets poking through ceilings. (screenshot of location would be ace).
[Fix] Fixed a bug where PrimeCitizenPointLights were displayed incorrectly. They would render differently depending on how you looked at them, and whether you looked away from them or not.
[Fix] Fixed some misleading lights in TopExt with no clear source.
[Fix] Career record now properly updates kills.
[Fix] Fixed solar panel power switch. Added a wire to make it absolutely clear what it changes.
[Fix] All public opinion calls are now clamped to 0-100. Should prevent being able to get an erroneous negative number.
[Fix] Fixed bug where accessing the Icer for the Voice would rapidly swap between the context 'SABOTAGING' and 'HACKING'.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where the player could ledge-grab onto the map inside an elevator.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where surrogates didn't really seem interested in fighting the player during the X-01 version of the Icer scene.
[Fix] Fixed some strange aesthetic spaces assigned to Hotel Tower 3 entrances.
[Fix] Fixed a problem with Nanite Fragments, where recyclable versions would spawn at 0,0,0, resulting in no fragment showing up where it’s supposed to be.
[Fix] Definitive fix for that one extremely aggravating transition door in-between the Hotel Lower rooms and Water Hub B.
[Fix] Fixed dialogue problems with Franky in the WaterHub.
[Fix] Corrected lore inaccuracy in the Text Briefing. Changed to dec 21st.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where Elen Gibbons could walk through the Icer
[Fix] Geometric fixes in the really busy tunnels of Water Hub B, near the Nanite Fragment.
[Fix] Fixed some collision on a few pipe props.
[Fix] Fixed a bug where display stands would spawn a fully visible newscaster at the stand.
[Fix] Fixed bug where in some scenarios the binding for shutting of the TT Core electricity wouldn't be called, so the power couldn't be shut off correctly
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

FordGT90Concept
Flag: United States of America

Re: EA Alpha 1.3 Bugs! Comments! Discussions!

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 pm

I tried Malcolm and ran into a performance problem. Jump to 2:30...
https://youtu.be/N5vW5KVcaTM
I am running beta, pre-release AMD drivers which could be contributing to this. Needs confirmation...
► Show Spoiler

Übermensch
Consortium Officer
Flag: Great Britain

Post by Übermensch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi, I seem to be experiencing a bug in the hotel area. Once I go through the downstairs door to the area where R9 says "Oh look, more nanocrystals" and then if I attempt to go through the lower door, the game crashes. This doesn't seem to happen with the lift, I think.

Chaosian
Consortium Officer

Post by Chaosian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Found and fixed that bug in Hotel Tower 3. Thanks for the video, Ford! o/

Chaosian
Consortium Officer

Post by Chaosian » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Übermensch wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm
Hi, I seem to be experiencing a bug in the hotel area. Once I go through the downstairs door to the area where R9 says "Oh look, more nanocrystals" and then if I attempt to go through the lower door, the game crashes. This doesn't seem to happen with the lift, I think.
Do you have a screenshot of the problematic area? I could try to debug what your problem is from there.

Übermensch
Consortium Officer
Flag: Great Britain

Post by Übermensch » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Here's some screenshots of the area. It usually produces an Unreal Engine crash report, but this time it just crashed to a black screen. I'll post the crash report if I get it back.
For more context, it's down the stairs from the hotel lobby with the 'Japanese' soldiers, in that area where you can see 21212121 but can't reach it, there's an unpowered lift and a doorway that level streams the part in the screenshots, but that area only leads to another level streaming doorway.

For an added bonus, first time I tried to replicate the bug, I fell through the map! Did manage to land on the unpowered lift, though... And not pictured, I cleared the tower roof of mooks, but the SOS quest marker seems to be buried about half a metre under the snow.
EDIT: Blimey, attachments show up big! I'll use Imgur in future.
Attachments
20171116034200_1.jpg
20171116034200_1.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 20 times
20171116034140_1.jpg
20171116034140_1.jpg (423.33 KiB) Viewed 20 times
20171116033253_1.jpg
20171116033253_1.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 20 times

Chaosian
Consortium Officer

Post by Chaosian » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks Übermensch.
If you can get the report those are very useful. I'll investigate what's up with the doors, that's been a problem area for us for a little while- though I had thought it was pretty good now.