Early Access ALPHA 1.0 is now live. A total of 7 interconnected levels to play around in and post your thoughts! viewforum.php?f=157

Bug: SteamVR and no audio

Topics and posts about The Tower. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
GeneralChaos81
Consortium Officer
Flag: Tanzania

Bug: SteamVR and no audio

Post by GeneralChaos81 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:44 pm

I have an Oculus Rift; when I start Consortium: The Tower it also fires up SteamVR then the game has no audio. All volume set to 0, cannot be turned up.

Obviously expecting SteamVR to not be started, and I think this directly influences the fact I get no sound. No audio through rift headphones either.

Asrock B250 K4
i7-7700k
Nvidia 970
Oc Rift.

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Re: Bug: SteamVR and no audio

Post by GreatBird » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Did you ever find a way around this? A bunch of us have Rifts and have not seen this issue occur....although there do seem to be quite a few cases where SteamVR and the Oculus software do annoying things...
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

l33tbmb
Consortium Officer

Post by l33tbmb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:52 pm

I had my sound device set to the Rift from playing earlier before launching the tower beta for the first time. I realized all sound was pumping to the rift headphones after restarting the game a couple times. I set my audio device back to my normal speakers but the oculus software keeps launching with the game and sound is sent to the headset. I have the same situation with the volume sliders all at 0 and unable to adjust any of them. In my case only the Oculus software starts up, SteamVR does not load with the game.

It's funny, I logged into the forums for the first time to share this and one of the top posts is my exact issue, how often does that ever happen?

P.S. Where are the game configs stored? I'm curious if I can specify the audio device directly in the setup file.

Mykll
Flag: United States of America

Post by Mykll » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:24 pm

No VR installed and only one sound output but maybe this will help.

\steamapps\common\Consortium The Tower\thetower\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
GameUserSettings.ini has some settings, although I do not see sounds. Other than sound quality setting.

\steamapps\common\Consortium The Tower\thetower\Saved\csav
inputsettings.ini is the, well, settings of the inputs.

Just in case, I double checked and do not see any iDGi or Consortium folders under standard Windows "My Documents" or "My Games".
Computer Specs:
► Show Spoiler

l33tbmb
Consortium Officer

Post by l33tbmb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank you for the config file path, Mykll

An entry is created in Engine.ini for the Oculus, but removing or modifying the AudioOutputDevice line doesn't stick. It doesn't look like I can tell the game to not launch the software and set audio to the headset through config files.

Code: Select all

[Oculus.Settings]
GraphicsAdapter=0
AudioInputDevice="{0.0.1.00000000}.{4631020f-59d9-4c55-96df-4c0a7b90719f}"
AudioOutputDevice="{0.0.0.00000000}.{f1009ff1-3ed4-40e8-a516-f62867b2fc03}"