Consortium: The Tower Early Access ALPHA 1.5 is live. Lots of bug fixes and general gameplay and content improvements and polish. Estimated amount of gameplay for Act 1 is 15-20 hours viewforum.php?f=157

Playing without the B.U.S.

All topics and discussion about the first CONSORTIUM game. No bug reports please. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
FordGT90Concept
Flag: United States of America

Playing without the B.U.S.

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm pretty sure I broke the game some how by leaving the first act without having it on. The experience, while some doors are closed (like saving Pawn 1) is interesting; however, when it comes to deal with the traitor, there are problems. If you get the name wrong, death is certain because your fists can't down a B.U.S. before the traitor kills you. On the other hand, getting the traitor right, should unfold in a way that works but, to my surprise, the dialog breaks. There's supposed to be a bunch of back and forward after straitor pulls the gun but, because I'm unarmed and unarmored, the traitor opens fire and I die. I reloaded a save and, this time, I went wailing on the traitor as she pulled the gun which successfully knocked her out and, here's the major bug: there are two CMC conversations going on at once now: the conversation that should be happening between the traitor, Rook 25, and the player and the conversation that is supposed to happen after the traitor has been subdued/killed.

I should also note that the B.U.S. is missing from Bishop 6's cabin so I can't equip it now even if I wanted to.

So, was playing through the game without the B.U.S. by design? If so, the dialog glitch needs to be fixed. If not, something has to happen to make the player equip the B.U.S. before getting locked in Mission Operations.

Edit: I alt+tabbed out of the game to create this post while the two C.M.C. conversations were going on. When I started the game up again (under normal circumstances, not a problem) the game locked up.

Edit: Loaded the save again and it's definitely a guarenteed crash or death.
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Re: Playing without the B.U.S.

Post by GreatBird » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:01 am

Yeah...sounds like there's a couple things to fix there. Fixing the broken dialog, and making the bus be in the cabin at that point in the game if the player never grabbed it at the beginning. Will do...
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:12 am

A little more information...

The crash appears to happen when pressing F1-4 is satisfying two dialog choices at the same time. I just grabbed the stuff off of the traitor then ran into the Galley and got something to eat (in real life, ha, didn't catch the irony in that at the time). The "Say Nothing" response that defaults every 30 seconds would prevent a collision so by the time I got back, all the dialogs have concluded. Problem is, the story was still stuck:
1) The bomb on the traitor is ticking like it is going to blow but never does.
2) Rook 25 is cowering/blocking the door out of Cabin-1.
3) The door to the Fusion Crawspace is still locked.
The game is effectively over because there's nothing I can do at this point.

I should note this is on the Steam version of the game. Last time I played the GOG version and I'm fairly certain it forbid me from progressing the story without getting the B.U.S. I could be wrong though.
► Show Spoiler

Historian

Post by Historian » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:27 am

I guess we've reached the point where doing -all- the ridiculous things is the only way to find new dialogue in our 100-plus playthroughs? :P

Interesting that the Traitor realizes you aren't wearing your BUS and kills you accordingly.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Yeah, it surprised me. The traitor says "Zenlil, initiate code 2121" which should then carry into a lengthy conversation. Instead, the traitor looks at me, and fires. No B.U.S. means I only could take about 3 hits and with Rook 25 blocking the door...death is guarenteed...unless you punch the traitor in the face before the traitor can open fire.
► Show Spoiler

fanatictentacle
Consortium Officer
Flag: Germany

Post by fanatictentacle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:29 am

I know this topic is kinda old, but as I was playing G1 again to create more endgames for the tower, I notised another bug dealing with "playing without BUS":
Right around the time to lockdown in Ops is initiated the player can sprint through one of the pawns entering Ops ... somehow not beeing trapped by the invisible wall. I did this to grab my BUS before the assault (yes the BUS was still there at that moment) but you can guess: I then was locked at level 2 of zenlil, because all exits were sealed and sprinting would not help this time. That was obviously player intended breaking of the game, I know... I just wanted to point out: If you ever do another update for G1 ... consider making the invisible wall stronger :D

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Come to think of it, I vaguely remember that happening but I don't remember if I had the BUS on or not. I think you're on to something...
► Show Spoiler