Early Access ALPHA 1.3 is now live. Includes Act 1 of 3 for the game, made up of 7 full environments including the rooftop for you to explore. 212121! viewforum.php?f=157

What games you've been playing?

Topics and posts about whatever you wish. Please be civil. Major trolls may be banned without notice!
ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer
Flag: United States of America

Re: What games you've been playing?

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Well i've been doing some retro gaming and playing Ultima Underworld. For a game made a year before I was born its quite a bit more advanced than most recent AAA games o.o

OldFashioned
Consortium Officer
Flag: Great Britain

Post by OldFashioned » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:45 am

Retro games rock, hard. From FF to Kotor to Aoe there's an excellent game for every category. I haven't gotten to the Ultima series though, what're they like?

ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:24 am

Well the underworld games are dungeon crawlers, but theyre also immersive simulationist games that were made by the same studio that went on to make Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex. Consortium and a lot of other games owe quite a bit to Underworld.

OldFashioned
Consortium Officer
Flag: Great Britain

Post by OldFashioned » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 am

Welp. Guess that's another one for the want to play list. Sigh.... That thing is long enough to mummify me at the moment

SCAgent
Consortium Officer
Flag: Greece

Post by SCAgent » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 am

Been playing Planescape Torment, never had a chance to play it back in the day, its fantastic!

Also re-playing the mafia games and getting ready for MAFIA3, and a bit of fooling around with Hitman6 and DeusExMD

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Post by GreatBird » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:40 am

ArtemisWyrm wrote:Well the underworld games are dungeon crawlers, but there also immersive simulation games that were made by the same studio that went on to make Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex. Consortium and a lot of other games owe quite a bit to Underworld.
Absolutely it does! That game, and those others (except Deus Ex, believe it or not) most definitely were part of our inspiration for making Consortium. My never released Cavedog game "Amen: The Awakening" is the most direct inspiration - that game was 60% done when Cavedog fell apart, forcing the project's cancellation. Amen came as a direct result of my playing ALL of the immersive sims and first-person RPGs made in the 80s and 90s. Deus Ex and Amen were in production at the same time, and both games shared a lot in common (immersive sims with full inventory system, hot-slots, story driven). Great that they were able to finish their game!

I've been playing the "Sorcery!" series lately (on part 3 now...). Really immersive fun, especially for me as the original 4 part Fighting Fantasy Gamebook series is one of my childhood faves.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:09 pm

GreatBird wrote:
ArtemisWyrm wrote:Well the underworld games are dungeon crawlers, but there also immersive simulation games that were made by the same studio that went on to make Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex. Consortium and a lot of other games owe quite a bit to Underworld.
Absolutely it does! That game, and those others (except Deus Ex, believe it or not) most definitely were part of our inspiration for making Consortium. My never released Cavedog game "Amen: The Awakening" is the most direct inspiration - that game was 60% done when Cavedog fell apart, forcing the project's cancellation. Amen came as a direct result of my playing ALL of the immersive sims and first-person RPGs made in the 80s and 90s. Deus Ex and Amen were in production at the same time, and both games shared a lot in common (immersive sims with full inventory system, hot-slots, story driven). Great that they were able to finish their game!

I've been playing the "Sorcery!" series lately (on part 3 now...). Really immersive fun, especially for me as the original 4 part Fighting Fantasy Gamebook series is one of my childhood faves.
Really? It's funny how I heard people describe consortium as "like Deus Ex" after hearing you say that. I guess you just have really good taste xD

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 am

GreatBird wrote:My never released Cavedog game "Amen: The Awakening" is the most direct inspiration - that game was 60% done when Cavedog fell apart, forcing the project's cancellation.
Do you know who owns Amen: The Awakening now? If The Tower did really well, is that something you'd consider buying rights to and finishing? A lot of old series are getting revived by their original developers lately. It sounds like Amen would still have an audience today, especially on GOG.

I'm playing SPAZ2 now.
► Show Spoiler

GreatBird
Consortium Administrator
Flag: Canada

Post by GreatBird » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:36 pm

FordGT90Concept wrote:
GreatBird wrote:My never released Cavedog game "Amen: The Awakening" is the most direct inspiration - that game was 60% done when Cavedog fell apart, forcing the project's cancellation.
Do you know who owns Amen: The Awakening now? If The Tower did really well, is that something you'd consider buying rights to and finishing? A lot of old series are getting revived by their original developers lately. It sounds like Amen would still have an audience today, especially on GOG.

I'm playing SPAZ2 now.
Consortium is basically Amen, but massively improved and refined in every way. Also, the actual piece of software that was abandoned is far too old and rotten to do anything meaningful with at this point. I believe I actually own the rights to Amen, though, technically. :-)

Cool that you enjoyed SPAZ2, the two guys behind it are extremely good and talented developers.
Do, or do not. There is no try.

-- GreatBird --

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Ooo, since you own it, you should totally make Amen a thing in the alternative reality. :D

SPAZ2 is pretty good. It has areas to improve but it feels like a sequel to SPAZ without being SPAZ. Even though it is still Early Access, I'd consider it a complete game.

Playing Company of Heroes 2 now (still on sale at Humble).
► Show Spoiler

ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

While im waiting for the release of Tyranny I decided to give Pillars of Eternity another try. I had trouble getting into it before but now that I have a party thats half story characters and half created npcs (who don't have crap builds like the story npcs) im having a better time of it.

ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:23 pm

So I "aquired" an old bungie title called Oni (Yes they made games other than Halo or Destiny). Its a a 3d beat em up made for PC (and Mac, and PS2...) and its actually pretty good. Keep in mind this came out before steam was even a thing and there weren't any beat em ups for pc at all other than this game.

FordGT90Concept

Post by FordGT90Concept » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 am

Got all achievements in Dishonored and now I'm playing Evoland 2.
► Show Spoiler

ArtemisWyrm
Consortium Officer

Post by ArtemisWyrm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Just finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I noticed in the special thanks part of the credits that Raven software was in there. That might explain why the fps and melee combat was decent/good.

gamer47
Consortium Officer
Flag: Nepal

Post by gamer47 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

which is the best adventurous game guys?